I started looking for cute Easter cupcake ideas, and once I started looking, I couldn't…
30 Cutest Halloween Cupcakes
Posted under food & recipes, Halloween, holidays, round-ups
Halloween is such an awesome holiday! Dressing up in costumes and pigging out on sweets – that should be on the agenda every day. ; ) Though I’d never turn down chocolate and Halloween candy, my most favorite dessert is a cupcake, so I rounded up 30 of the most original, silliest, spookiest and cutest Halloween cupcakes the Internet has to offer. From mummies to ghosts, bats to witches, and even a few with fake blood (!), here are the 30 best Halloween cupcake recipes that are sure to be a huge hit at your Halloween party!
1. Oreo bat cupcakes by Today’s Parent
2. Devilish Devil’s Food Cupcakes
3. Monster marshmallow cupcakes by Smart School House
4. Frankenstein cupcakes by Your Cup of Cake
5. Ghost cupcakes by Once Upon A Chef
6. Spider cupcakes by Damn Delicious
7. Candy corn cupcakes by The Curvy Carrot
8. Spiderweb cupcakes by Country Living
9. Witch’s cauldron cupcakes by Life Made Simple
10. Black cat cupcakes by Tara Teaspoon
11. Pumpkin patch cupcakes by BHG
12. Monster claw cupcakes by Bakingdom (site no longer available):
Use a grass tip to make “fur” icing, and add fondant claws.
13. Skeleton cupcakes by My Recipes
14. All-natural zombie brain cupcakes by Bren Did
15. Broken glass cupcakes by Story of a Kitchen
16. Knife cupcakes by Homemaking Hacks
17. Mummy cupcakes by Sugar and Charm
18. Jack Skellington cupcakes:
Make a batch of chocolate cup cakes with white frosting, and purchase a container of black decorator’s icing. For each cupcake, use the tip of a toothpick to lightly etch the outline of two large Jack Skellington eyes in the frosting. Slowly pipe black decorator’s icing onto the etched lines and then fill in the inner circles. Use another toothpick to spread and smooth the icing. Pipe on two short lines for a nose. Next, pipe a long line across the bottom of the cupcake for the mouth. For the finishing spooky touch, randomly top the mouth with a bunch of short icing barbs.
19. Pumpkin cupcakes:
Make these pumpkin lookalikes with orange frosting, fine and coarse orange decorating sugar, and pretzel sticks or rods. Mound the frosting on cupcakes, then roll either the entire cupcake or just the edge in sugar, alternating between fine and coarse sugars as you like. To make indentations, press a wooden skewer on top of sugared cupcakes. Add pretzels as stems. For pumpkins in varying sizes, cook your batter in mini, regular and jumbo cupcake pans.
20. Pumpkin cupcakes with witch hat toppers by Whisk Kid
21. Eyeball cupcakes:
Frost the cupcakes and top each one with a brown Reese’s Pieces. Then, draw red lines out from around the Reese’s Pieces using a tube of red decorating gel. Use a toothpick to pull the red gel out around the sides a little bit to make the smaller veins. Serve!
22. Skeleton cupcakes by Woman’s Day
23. Vampire bite cupcakes by The Food Network
24. Ghost and tree cupcakes by Inspired by Charm
25. Wicked witch cupcakes by Your Home Based Mom
26. Owl cupcakes by Family Circle
27. Bat cupcakes by Big Bear’s Wife
28. Scarecrow cupcakes by Babble, reposted at Eclectic Recipes
29. Gravestone cupcakes by 6 Bittersweets & Chickabug
30. Jack o’ lantern cupcakes by Betty Crocker