Confession: At any party, I head straight for the fruit bowl. Yep, I'm that girl...…
Healthy “turkey” snacks and meals for kids
Posted under food & recipes, holidays, round-ups, Thanksgiving & fall
The fruit turkey that I blogged about last week was such a hit, I thought I’d round up some more cute, healthy snack ideas for kids – all with a turkey theme for Thanksgiving! Although I do have a huge weakness for holiday-themed desserts, let’s just admit it… making a cupcake extra-cute is really sort of optional, right?! But, getting kids to have fun eating their fruits and veggies – now that’s really something to brag about. ; )
Here are my favorite “turkey” snacks and meals:
1. Tommy the turkey via Meet the Dubiens – A circle-cut sandwich with apple “feathers” and carrot details.
2. Teeny turkey sandwiches via FamilyFun – Made from cocktail sized pumpernickel bread, and decorated with peas, bell peppers, cashews, slivered almonds, parsley, and more.
3. Vegetable turkey via The Happy Raw Kitchen – This one’s sized for sharing! Made of bell peppers, celery, broccoli, and a purple cabbage “tail,” all arranged on top of hummus or dip.
4. Graham cracker gobbler via Little Nummies – Simple and sweet! Made from graham crackers, mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, a cheese cracker, and pretzel sticks.
5. “Gobble me up” fruit turkey via Spoonful – Half a pear surrounded with apple and clementine slices. The face and feet are made from a dried apricot, mini chocolate chips, a nut, and a dried cranberry.
6. Banana gobble pancakes via Little Nummies – A breakfast turkey! Made from banana pancakes, sliced banana, chocolate chips and an almond beak.