I just love a piñata. I never met a piñata I didn't like! So this…
How to make cupcake fondue
Posted under food & recipes, games & activities
It’s okay to admit it: fondue is fun! This cupcake fondue is the genius idea of Amanda at Bake it Pretty. Although it would be a special treat any day, I love it as a birthday party idea – it would be both the dessert and an activity for the kids. (Or, umm, the girls my age… ’cause you know I’d be fighting for the sprinkles!)
Key ingredients: Sprinkles in all different colors and shapes, mini cupcakes, and a big ol’ pot of yummy homemade frosting. (Recipe below.)
First you dip the cupcake in the frosting (it’s cool to the touch, so it’s safe for little ‘uns)…
…and then sprinkle away! So easy but so fun. : )
- Mini cupcakes, cooled and unfrosted
- Assorted toppings (sprinkles, chopped nuts, colored sugar, coconut, chocolate chips, etc.)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice, milk, or water
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
1. Make a batch of your favorite mini cupcakes – from scratch, or use a box mix. If you use paper liners for baking, remove them after the cupcakes have cooled. Pound cake works well for skewering, but any cake will do. Allow to cool completely.
2. Make the frosting – Whisk together the powdered sugar, liquid of your choice, and corn syrup. Adjust the consistency with more liquid or more powdered sugar as necessary, until you have a smooth, thick glaze.
3. Pour the frosting into the fondue pot. You can heat the mixture if you’d like, but it’s optional. Display your toppings in small ramekins or portion cups around the fondue pot. And enjoy!!
Re-posted with permission from Amanda at Bake it Pretty.