There are lots of pine trees around my house, and this year I can't seem…
If you’ve checked Pinterest lately, you may have noticed that chalkboard is just a wee bit of a trend at the moment. And why not? It’s charming, rustic-chic, and easy. Whether you just tiptoe into the trend with a framed chalkboard, or if you can commit to painting a full door (or an entire wall!), here are some fab ideas on how to incorporate chalkboard into your holiday decor:
1. Paint a door with chalkboard paint, hang a wreath, and accent it with text – via Sweet Something Design (who says, “If you have ever considered doing a chalkboard door, do it, we have really loved it!”)
2. Make a simple display with a tree drawn on a slate – photograph by Matthew Mead from his book Matthew Mead’s Holiday
3. Write a sweet phrase on an ornately framed chalkboard – by My Sweet Savannah
4. This fun idea is via Project Nursery, where it’s recommended as a holiday card photo – but I think it would also be fun to set up a wall like this and then let guests use it as a photo booth! You could even do a different design every year and create photo albums of who’s visited your home each Christmas.
5. Draw a life-size, folksy Christmas tree on a chalkboard wall
6. Give an old frame new life with a coat of spray paint. Write in lyrics to your favorite Christmas carol, and layer a wreath on top. (Love this!) – via The Yellow Cape Cod by Sarah Macklem Interiors