Posted under baby & bridal showers, Easter, food & recipes, holidays, round-ups
Bird’s nests are such a lovely symbol of spring, and of course they’re also perfect for Easter! Here are some variations on bird’s nest desserts, from the classic chow mein cookie to a full-size cake:
1. Coconut macaroon Nutella nests via Two Peas & Their Pod – I just love coconut macaroons, and these are (almost) too pretty to eat!
2. Nesting baby bluebird cupcakes via Martha Stewart – the nest is made from toasted coconut, and the bluebirds are piped icing.
3. Spring bird nest cookies via Sweet SugarBelle – iced cookies with toasted coconut serve as the nests, and adding a bird cookie to the nest is super cute and clever!
4. Rich chocolate cake with ganache frosting and truffle-egg nest via Martha Stewart – this one’s a little intimidating, maybe, since it takes three recipes to get the job done, between the cake, the ganache, and the handmade truffle eggs that call for “teal luster dust.” But even if you don’t go totally gourmet, the decorating idea is fab, isn’t it? : ) Chocolate cake + chocolate shavings + big ol’ chocolate eggs. Mmmm.
5. Chocolate bird nests on spoons via Cute Food for Kids – a very cool idea! You dip spoons in chocolate, then add chocolate eggs and sprinkles. You can present these on a tray at a party, or wrap them in plastic to give as favors.
6. Easter bird nest cookies via With a Grateful Prayer and a Thankful Heart – last but not least, the classic! These are like Rice Krispie treats but with chow mein noodles instead of Rice Krispies. A handful of ingredients and you are done. And they’re so precious!