November 9, 2011 · Posted under DIY holiday decor, Earth Day, holidays, round-ups, Thanksgiving & fall
The trees and leaves are so beautiful right now. The view out of my window is full of burnt orange and bright red! It inspired me to look for fall crafts that are based on leaves, although many of these projects don’t start with real leaves – instead, most are made of paper, felt, and even cookie dough (YESSS). : )
1. Fall leaf initial tutorial by The Thrifty Abode – a brilliant makeover project using dried leaves from Michael’s!
2. Fall leaves garland tutorial by A Beautiful Mess – I love how rustic this garland is, and the photographs of it are crazy pretty.
3. Fall colored cookie dough via Country Living – “Make enough dough for 48 three-inch cookies. Divide into four batches and tint each with food coloring. Create a multicolored patchwork by pressing pieces from each batch together on lightly floured parchment paper. Smooth with rolling pin. Chill for 15 minutes, then cut out cookies.”
4. Leaf covered candles via Martha Stewart – of course, being Martha, this project does start with real leaves!
5. Felt leaf coaster tutorial, including a printable template, by The Purl Bee
6. Leaf table skirt via BHG – “Decorate the edge of your table with pretty paper leaves for an autumnal look. Orange ribbon outlines the border of the table, while paper leaves cut in different colors hang down. Attach the ribbon and leaves to the tablecloth using double-sided tape.”