Just felt like talkin' CAKE today. : ) I searched to the end of the…
Posted under food & recipes, round-ups, tips & resources
Guess what? Out of these 10 ideas for birthday cakes, only ONE actually includes cake. How cool is that! So whether you’re throwing a party for someone who doesn’t care for cake all that much (I’m assured that people like this do exist) ; ) or if you just want to switch things up a little this year, here are 10 great ideas for and alternatives to a traditional birthday cake:
1. Ice cream sandwich cake by A Subtle Revelry – hello dream cake. Giant chocolate chip cookies with ice cream in between? Yes please.
2. Stacked Oreo cake via Style Me Pretty
3. Donut birthday cake by Best Friends for Frosting
4. Fresh fruit and watermelon birthday cake by Apron Strings
5. Candy birthday cake via Pinterest – “I used different size boxes wrapped in solid blue paper and hot glued the candy bars around. I didn’t glue layers together because it was easier to move & it was so heavy. Instead of a piece of cake the kids all picked a treat from the cake. They were in heaven! So much fun!” (Also check out this tutorial on how to make a candy cake!)
7. Surprise on the inside cake by Betty Crocker – this is presented as a gender reveal cake, to be filled with either pink or blue candies, but you could fill it with any colors of candy that match your party theme!
8. Donut hole tower – I bet you could also make this with cake balls! Get instructions at Chef Sarah Elizabeth.
10. Pancakes birthday cake via A Blog Named Scout – great for a birthday party held in the morning, or as a lower-sugar alternative to a traditional cake.
For more fun party food ideas, click here!