April 18, 2018 · Posted under Birthday Parties, food & recipes, round-ups, tips & resources
Busy moms, let me just say, I get it. Leading up to your kids’ birthday parties you find all kinds of party ideas and recipes on Pinterest (I’ve collected thousands, myself!) and you get busy making all sorts of plans of what you’ll create. And then, when it comes time to actually get cooking, you come to the harsh realization that ain’t nobody got time for that. You might have the cutest and most elaborate plans for thematic birthday party food, but without a whole day’s worth of time to throw at the menu (or God forbid, an up-all-night work session), those Toy Story themed bento boxes aren’t going to make themselves.
SO. What’s a busy person to do when it comes to birthday party food? Make something easy that just looks hard. These mostly-bite-sized, semi-homemade, low-effort party recipes won’t make you sprout any more gray hairs and they’ll impress your guests. A total win-win!
1. Chicken nugget sliders via A Mom’s Take –I never would’ve thought to make sliders with chicken nuggets, but seriously, how cute are these.
2. Mini jelly sandwiches via Kara’s Party Ideas – adding a cutout shape to crustless jelly sandwiches make them special. Simply cut the top slice of bread with a cookie cutter before putting the two halves together.
4. Fruit cracker pizzas via Sunshine and Hurricanes – these cute little bites are made with cream cheese spread and Ritz crackers
5. Cut cheese into shapes with cookie cutters, and your cheese and crackers look special, and you can adapt them to any party theme! – via Eats Amazing
6. Adding popsicle sticks makes watermelon slices party-ready and easy to hold – via A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
7. Simply adding a chip to deviled eggs makes them something special. Plus, these deviled egg “sailboats” are adorable for a summer party – via Forkly
8. Roll up sandwich fixin’s in a tortilla, cut into slices, and you’ve got pinwheels! – via Eazy Peazy Mealz
9. Making kid-sized mini pizzas is easy! – via The Comfort of Cooking
10. Mini corn dog bites are made with sliced hot dogs and cornbread mix in a mini muffin tin – via Wilton
11. Nutella deviled strawberries via Lauren’s Latest
12. Coat frozen bananas in Magic Shell, decorate with sprinkles, and add a popsicle stick – via Smile Monsters
For more great party food ideas, click here!