“Welcome to the World” baby shower

Today’s featured party is a lovely “Welcome to the World” theme baby shower that was styled by Cassie of Fancy Frills Style Studio. Cassie says, “I had the privilege of hosting a baby shower for my friend who is expecting a girl. My friend has several globes throughout her house so when I thought of this theme I knew it was perfect for her! I used maps and globes as the base for the decor, with the colors usually found on maps (green, aqua, coral, and yellow). I served appetizer finger foods including mini caprese salads, raspberry chocolate banana bites, and strawberry brie crostinis.”

"Welcome to the World" baby shower

"Welcome to the World" baby shower

Cassie says, “I modge podged the M’s with maps, made all the banners, etc. I’m a total DIY gal!”

"Welcome to the World" baby shower

"Welcome to the World" baby shower

"Welcome to the World" baby shower

"Welcome to the World" baby shower

"Welcome to the World" baby shower

Strawberry brie crostinis

Cassie says, “The shower was mid afternoon so I wanted an array of nice finger appetizer type foods. These are the Strawberry Brie Crostinis.”

Mini caprese salad bites

Mini Caprese Salad Bites

Pear bites - cream cheese, pistachios and dried cranberries

Pear bites – cream cheese, pistachios, and dried cranberries on top of pear slices.

Chocolate raspberry banana bites

Chocolate Raspberry Banana Bites

"Welcome to the World" baby shower

"Welcome to the World" baby shower

Each guest received a small travel journal inside a cellophane bag. The tag is punched from a map and has a monogram of the baby’s name.

"Welcome to the World" baby shower

Styling, photography & DIY decor – Fancy Frills Style Studio
Theme inspiration – You Are My Fave

For more baby shower ideas, click here!

Comments

Friday, July 5th, 2013 at 10:54 am
    Cookin Canuck says:
    What a beautiful baby shower, with so many personal touches! Thank you for including my strawberry Brie crostini.
      Friday, July 5th, 2013 at 11:12 am
      Thanks Dara! Your crostini look DELICIOUS : ) The photo that Cassie took is so pretty!
    Friday, July 5th, 2013 at 4:40 pm
    Kristina says:
    stunning decor! I love the mapped M's, and the food looks fantastic!
      Friday, July 5th, 2013 at 5:18 pm
      Hi Kristina! I really like the mapped M's too! And the food... those photos are making me hungry! ; )
    Monday, October 21st, 2013 at 8:01 pm
    Regina Stecher says:
    So often appetizers do not look appealing or seem impossible to eat. I love that your appetizers look like something you can fit in your mouth (and not end up wearing) and also look DELICIOUS to eat-all of them!
      Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013 at 11:19 am
      Hi Regina! I feel the same way about Cassie's appetizers as you do - they are fantastic! I think it's really hard to pull off appetizers that look tasty and are just the right portion size, but Cassie really did these perfectly! : )
    Thursday, September 25th, 2014 at 9:56 pm
    Kristin says:
    Hi! I'm planning my sister-in-laws around the world baby shower and love the game you played with the different languages of baby. If you still have the template, could you email it to me as well as the answer key? Thanks so much! buckikalan@yahoo.com
      Thursday, September 25th, 2014 at 9:57 pm
      Kristin says:
      Sorry, just realized I responded to the wrong blog! Got some ideas from you too! :)
      • 4.1.1
        Friday, September 26th, 2014 at 9:45 am
        No problem, Kristin! I'm happy you found some ideas you can use! : )

1. Wednesday, October 8th, 2014 at 8:23 pm
    The Ultimate Resource for Planning an Adoption Shower
    […] Chickabug Welcome to the World Baby Shower. This post has some tasty party food idea’s for an adoption shower as well as adorable party favors. […]
  2. Thursday, November 20th, 2014 at 10:38 am
    The Inquisitive Mom » Baby Shower Advice for Mom and Wishes for Baby (Extra Entries for #4thTimeBabyShower)
    […] Favorite Mothering Tradition […]