This absolutely stunning Minnie Mouse themed birthday party was created by Ari of The Diva Dish for her daughter, Giada. Wait until you see the amount of detail in this party… because everything was handmade. Ari says, “This party took WEEKS to prepare for! I spent a lot of nap time hours hot gluing, taping, and cutting to make everything polka dot/Minnie Mouse approved. It was such an amazing experience, and I loved spoiling and showering my little angel with lots of love!”

Gorgeous Minnie Mouse party! Gorgeous Minnie Mouse party!

Giada is precious and ready to party in her Minnie Mouse tutu and sparkly ears!

Minnie Mouse party centerpieces

Minnie Mouse centerpieces were made of pink-tinted styrofoam balls, accented with tulle ribbons and rhinestones.

Minnie Mouse Party Banner Minnie Mouse party food

Hot pink utensils were wrapped in hot pink polka dotted napkins, and the table runner was made from black and white polka dotted fabric.

Minnie Mouse party food - dipped pretzel sticks and Rice Krispie treats

The desserts included Minnie Mouse Rice Krispy treats, pink-dipped pretzel rods with mouse ear sprinkles, and a “polka dotted” chocolate cake.

Minnie Mouse party food - "polka dot" cake and dipped pretzel sticks Minnie Mouse party food! Minnie Mouse party food! Minnie Mouse party - Minnie ears Rice Krispy treats Minnie Mouse party decorations Adding paper Minnie Mouse bows to black paper plates is such a great idea for a party!

Adding paper Minnie Mouse bows to black paper plates is such a great idea!

Minnie Mouse party food - Minnie PB&J's and fruit kebabs Minnie Mouse party decorations - pink and black polka dots!

Ari made polka dotted balloons and drink cups by adding little white stickers to them.

Minnie Mouse party - DIY wreath Minnie Mouse party - "Super cheers! Grab some ears!"

Guests were offered homemade Minnie Mouse headbands, complete with little pink bows.

Minnie Mouse Party Birthday Girl Display Table Minnie Mouse party - "decorate your own sugar cookie" station

The “decorate your own sugar cookies” bar is so cute! Ari baked “blank” Minnie Mouse sugar cookies and displayed them in a wire basket. Then, she set up containers of frosting, decorating gels, and sprinkles.

Minnie Mouse party - "decorate your own sugar cookie" station Minnie Mouse party - "decorate your own sugar cookie" station

Gotta love a girl who goes for extra sprinkles. : )

Minnie Mouse birthday party - Minnie ears pinata

Of everything she made, Ari says the Minnie Mouse piñata “took the LONGEST time of all to make! Next time… I’m buying one. LOL!”

Minnie Mouse birthday party - Minnie ears pinata Minnie Mouse party! Minnie Mouse party!

Absolutely perfect, down to the last polka dot! Thank you so much for sharing Giada’s party, Ari! : )

OLDER POST
NEWER POST

Comments

Monday, January 28th, 2013 at 1:38 pm
    Wow, this is just gorgeous, wonderful memories.....
      Monday, January 28th, 2013 at 3:08 pm
      It truly is a beautiful party!!
    Monday, January 28th, 2013 at 1:49 pm
    Pamela says:
    Just great! I am planning my twin daughters' 1st birthday -- fabulous ideas!
      Monday, January 28th, 2013 at 3:08 pm
      Thanks, Pamela! Good luck with your planning!
    Friday, February 8th, 2013 at 1:35 am
    Amanda Haller says:
    Thank so much for shareing! I will be repinning this one! ( gott love Pintinterest) These are some super ideas love the plate ears, napkin bows, and centerpieces!
    Thanks again
    Saturday, February 16th, 2013 at 3:27 pm
    Niyoka McCoy says:
    I am interested in making the pinata! Although I know it probably took forever, what was used to create it. Any details would help me a lot.
      Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 at 9:48 am
      Hi Niyoka! : ) Here's a tutorial that will help: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Pi%C3%B1ata
    Monday, February 18th, 2013 at 10:38 pm
    Jen says:
    Love this party! Can you tell me where you got your minnie mouse cookie cutter?
      Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 at 11:16 am
      Hi Jen! Here is a site that sells a 2-in-1 Minnie and Mickey sandwich/cookie cutter set!

Thank you! : )
      • 5.1.1
        Thursday, February 21st, 2013 at 12:29 am
        Jen says:
        Thank you so much for getting back to me! Unfortunately the link to purchase them isn't good anymore! I'll keep looking.
        • 5.1.1.1
          Thursday, February 21st, 2013 at 10:09 am
          You can also get them at Party City. : )
    Monday, March 11th, 2013 at 2:53 am
    Erica says:
    This all looks so adorable! My daughter is having a Minnie birthday party and I was wondering if you had a tutorial for the wreath?
      Monday, March 11th, 2013 at 8:57 am
      Hi Erica! There's no tutorial for this specific wreath, BUT, the technique is the same as any other tissue wreath. Here's a tutorial that might help (just use a round styrofoam wreath form): http://www.chickabug.com/blog/2011/01/wreath-tutorial.html
      • 6.1.1
        Tuesday, February 10th, 2015 at 11:58 pm
        Gui says:
        Which kinda of paper did you use for this wreath? You did an awesome job. I love it!!!
    Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 at 8:12 pm
    Sara D says:
    This is absolutely thee most beautiful Minnie Mouse party I have seen! My daughter is turning 3 in September, and I am planning on doing a minnie mouse theme! She loves Minnie's Bowtique shows! Thanks for sharing!
      Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 at 3:57 pm
      It really is a beautiful party, I agree! : )
    Wednesday, May 1st, 2013 at 11:27 pm
    Victoria says:
    I love the center pieces!!! Where did you did the pink tinted styrofoam?
      Thursday, May 2nd, 2013 at 8:24 am
      You can buy plain white balls and paint them. Here are some instructions from the Michael's website:

Paint with water-based craft paint. Solvent-based paints may damage the foam (see paint manufacturer's instructions for details). For thorough coverage, try a stiff stencil brush and gently "scrub" the surface with the paint. Some spray paints are safe to use on STYROFOAM brand foam , read the label carefully to determine whether or not it's foam-safe. When spraying, rotate the shape for better coverage. For easier handling when painting, insert a floral pick or skewer into the foam shape to use as a handle. When done, insert the handle in a block of STYROFOAM™ or stand in a glass or can while paint dries.
    Friday, May 24th, 2013 at 8:38 am
    Kailea brown says:
    Super cute party! My daughter is turning 2 in July and I am using
    Your blog as inspiration! I was wondering where you got the white dots
    For the cake... Thanks in advance!
      Thursday, May 30th, 2013 at 4:02 pm
      Hi Kailea! To me they look like edible sugar pearls, which you can get here (and other places too): http://www.fancyflours.com/product/8mm-Edible-Pearls-Ivory-2-oz-jar/ivory-edible-sugar-pearls-beads-baubles
    Wednesday, June 19th, 2013 at 4:17 pm
    Jussie Minor says:
    Help! I need the icing recipe for the condiment bottles. I can't find it anywhere. Also what did you use for the rice Krispy treats? Our party is Saturday, eek!!
      Thursday, June 20th, 2013 at 12:32 pm
      Hi Jussie!

You can fill the condiment bottles with Royal Icing. Here's a tutorial:

A more advanced tutorial can be found here:

For the rice krispy treats you'll need a Minnie Mouse cookie cutter like this one:

Have a great time on Saturday! : )
    Friday, July 12th, 2013 at 4:01 pm
    Liz says:
    Such a darling party!! Where did you get the tables clothes and polka dot table runner?
      Friday, July 12th, 2013 at 4:09 pm
      Hi Liz! The table runner was made from black and white polka dotted fabric but I'm not sure where Ari purchased that specific fabric. : )
      • 11.1.1
        Friday, July 12th, 2013 at 4:51 pm
        Liz says:
        Thank you for the info! Can I ask where the napkins are from?
        • 11.1.1.1
          Saturday, July 13th, 2013 at 10:57 am
          I'm not sure if these are the exact napkins Ari used but I found pink polka dot napkins here. : )
          • 11.1.1.1.1
            Friday, July 19th, 2013 at 8:32 pm
            Liz says:
            Was paint or spray paint used on the styrofoam centerpieces?
          • Saturday, July 20th, 2013 at 10:18 am
            Hi Liz! You can use a water-based craft paint or some spray paints. Don't use any solvent based paints because it may hurt the styrofoam. You can read more here.
    Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 at 7:39 am
    Creative Printables says:
    Wow, the birthday girl looks so cute! You have some very creative ideas - love it!
    Tuesday, July 30th, 2013 at 10:05 am
    Leyla says:
    what size foam balls were used to make the centerpieces?
      Tuesday, July 30th, 2013 at 11:00 am
      Hi Leyla! I'm not sure what sizes Ari used to make the centerpieces. Every tutorial I found online describes the sizes as one medium ball and two small balls - the typical sizes found in any Styrofoam ball assortment. : )
    Saturday, August 17th, 2013 at 9:22 pm
    Tina says:
    I love, love, love the table covers will you please let me know how did you do it. I believe you used wrapping paper, but how did you get everything to hold and tuck under together?
      Monday, August 19th, 2013 at 9:56 am
      Hi Tina! I love those table covers too! I'm not sure what special tricks Ari used to keep the table covers so flat and smooth. You can always learn more about Ari and her crafty magic over at the Diva Dish!
    Friday, August 23rd, 2013 at 3:08 pm
    Lindsay Sandy says:
    Darling! Where did you find the mickey shaped confetti sprinkles on the pretzel rods? I have been looking everywhere for plain black!
      Monday, August 26th, 2013 at 10:32 am
      Hi Lindsay! You can find Minnie Mouse sprinkles here! : )
    Friday, October 11th, 2013 at 7:31 pm
    Lisa says:
    omg this is the best I have seen beautiful :D
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013 at 8:28 pm
    Christina says:
    Hi
    I love the cookie decorating. I am going to do the same for my daughters birthday and love the idea of keeping the frosting in the squeeze bottles, but I want to confirm that it is frosting? I am having my daughters party at the park and less mess the better. Could I put frosting in those containers if not? I would make the hole bigger though.
      Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013 at 10:43 am
      Hi Christina! The condiment bottles are filled with royal icing. Here's a tutorial:

A more advanced tutorial can be found here:

I hope that helps! : )
    Friday, November 15th, 2013 at 5:16 pm
    jessica says:
    How did you do the minnie mouse bow for the plates ?
      Monday, November 18th, 2013 at 11:22 am
      Hi Jessica! I'm not sure how Ari made them. It looks like she may have cut them out of a pink polka dot pattern. : )
      • 18.1.1
        Thursday, January 16th, 2014 at 10:56 am
        Summer says:
        Love the plates, any idea where she got the template for all the mouse heads and the bows? Ive seen several different styles and hers are my favorite so far. Thanks!
        • 18.1.1.1
          Friday, January 17th, 2014 at 10:52 am
          Hi Summer! I'm sorry but I don't know where Ari found that specific design. : )
    Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 at 11:07 am
    Rita St Clair says:
    I absolutely loved this pin. I would love to copy this party for my granddaughter who will be 2 years old in June and loves Minnie Mouse. Thanks for such a wonderful idea!!!!
      Thursday, January 2nd, 2014 at 12:09 pm
      Hi Rita! I'm glad I could help. I hope your granddaughter has an amazing 2nd birthday! : )
    Saturday, January 4th, 2014 at 11:52 pm
    Tracy says:
    Did you make the sugar cookies? If so can i have the recipe? Such great ideas!
      Monday, January 6th, 2014 at 12:19 pm
      Hi Tracy! I didn't make the sugar cookies and I don't have the exact recipe for the cookies shown in this post but I did find this recipe that you can use. Hope that helps! : )
    Monday, January 6th, 2014 at 12:45 pm
    maria flores says:
    Hello,
    I have a question where did you buy the glass bottles for the centerpieces any help will be appreciated.
      Wednesday, January 8th, 2014 at 1:16 pm
      Hi Maria! I'm sorry but I don't know where Ari got those specific bottles. You could probably find something very similar at most craft stores. : )
      Saturday, January 10th, 2015 at 3:05 am
      Sam says:
      When I searched my daughter's birthday free printable labels, your website came up. Are these not free anymore? LOL! Still love to see how you put everything together. Beautiful party!
      • 21.2.1
        Saturday, January 10th, 2015 at 11:04 am
        Hi Sam, I have free printable Minnie Mouse ears for plates. That's the only free printable for Minnie Mouse I've offered, and it's still available: https://blog.chickabug.com/2014/03/free-printable-minnie-mouse-ears-for-plates.html
    Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 at 4:23 pm
    Eatefania says:
    How did yuhh do the light pink minni mouses the ones by the cake
      Wednesday, January 8th, 2014 at 1:13 pm
      Hi! Do you mean the rice crispy treats? I don't have the exact recipe that Ari used but I found one that should work well for you here. Hope that helps! : )
    Monday, January 13th, 2014 at 5:48 pm
    Yolie says:
    Can someone, anyone please tell me how the pink tissue paper wreath was made?? i'm having a baby shower and would like to make one. TIA
      Wednesday, January 15th, 2014 at 10:46 am
      Hi Yolie! I'm not sure how Ari made the wreath shown in the post but I found a tutorial for a tissue paper wreath here. I hope that helps! : )
    Wednesday, February 26th, 2014 at 11:48 pm
    Ricka Dorsey says:
    Seeing this has me so excited! My baby girl will turn 1 in June and her name is Giada. I love all of your ideas! Thanks for sharing!
      Thursday, February 27th, 2014 at 12:32 pm
      You're welcome, Ricka! I hope your daughter has a fantastic party. I love the name "Giada"! : )
    Tuesday, March 25th, 2014 at 8:44 pm
    Tiffany says:
    I love the way you pulled this theme together its great!! Im curious on where you got the black mickey heads for the pretzel rods though? I have been looking around and cant find plain black ones.
      Thursday, March 27th, 2014 at 11:06 am
      Hi Tiffany! You can find edible Minnie Mouse sprinkles here. Hope that helps! : )
    Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014 at 10:14 am
    Emily Faria says:
    What size styrofoam balls did you use to make the table centerpieces and how did you make the wreath? You did an amazing job!
      Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 at 9:23 am
      Hi Emily! I'm not sure what sizes Ari used to make the centerpieces. Every tutorial I found online describes the sizes as one medium ball and two small balls - the typical sizes found in any Styrofoam ball assortment. There's no tutorial for this specific wreath, BUT, the technique is the same as any other tissue wreath. Here's a tutorial that might help (just use a round styrofoam wreath form): http://www.chickabug.com/blog/2011/01/wreath-tutorial.html
    Tuesday, July 1st, 2014 at 8:27 pm
    Jen says:
    For the minnie mouse biscuits where the kids can design their own, what was your recipe?

Thanks
      Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 at 9:55 am
      Hi Jen! Any sugar cookie recipe will do.
    Monday, August 11th, 2014 at 9:12 pm
    Johanny Torres says:
    How did she made the head stick to the glass centerpieces?
      Tuesday, August 12th, 2014 at 10:25 am
      It's probably on a wooden dowel.
    Monday, August 18th, 2014 at 12:25 pm
    cathy says:
    very beautiful,..My daughter is turning 1 and also having a minnie mouse theme..I just want to know where can I get those polkadot napkins?thanks
      Monday, August 18th, 2014 at 8:01 pm
      Hi Cathy! I'm not sure where Ari got those exact napkins but you may be able to find similar ones here. Hope that helps! : )
    Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 at 9:50 am
    Kristina says:
    What are those white pearly things that were used as White Polka Dots on the pink and white cake?
      Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 at 11:02 am
      White candy pearls, similar to these: http://www.shopchefrubber.com/Pearls-Shimmer-White-Candy-453g/
    Thursday, October 9th, 2014 at 4:02 pm
    Sadie says:
    Where can i find the hearts that you used for the bow on the rice krispie?
      Monday, October 13th, 2014 at 2:46 pm
      Hi Sadie! I'm not sure where Ari found the little pink bows. Sorry!
    Sunday, October 19th, 2014 at 12:00 pm
    Kristin says:
    This is such a cute party! I was wondering how you made the banner and
    where/how did you get the letters?
      Sunday, October 19th, 2014 at 5:49 pm
      I'm sorry, I don't know where the mom who threw the party got the letters. I'm assuming she made the banner on a cricut machine.
    Thursday, October 23rd, 2014 at 2:05 pm
    Lindsey says:
    Love all this! What kind of icing did you use for the decorate your own cookie? We are doing the same thing and i wanted something kid user friendly
      Thursday, October 23rd, 2014 at 4:08 pm
      The mom who threw the party used royal icing, made without butter.
    Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 at 12:35 pm
    Where Did You Find The Glass For The Centerpieces
      Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 at 1:40 pm
      I don't know where they're from, sorry!
    Saturday, May 23rd, 2015 at 12:28 am
    Erika says:
    Love this 'happy birthday giada' banner! Do you happen to make this exact one?
      Saturday, May 23rd, 2015 at 7:27 am
      Hi Erika! Sorry, it was homemade by the mom.
    Saturday, June 6th, 2015 at 11:37 pm
    Jenn R. says:
    Do you happen to have the recipe for the sugar cookies?!! Love the party!
      Sunday, June 7th, 2015 at 12:28 pm
      Sorry, I don't - but any sugar cookie recipe would do : )
    Sunday, June 14th, 2015 at 12:57 am
    Rika says:
    I'm planning a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse themed party for my son, who will be 1 in August! I love all of your ideas!!
      Monday, June 15th, 2015 at 12:42 pm
      Thanks Rika!! : )
    Wednesday, September 16th, 2015 at 9:46 am
    jenesha says:
    Working on my baby first birthday party now..where did you get the minnie mouse banner and minnie mouse ears that went on the plates from??
      Wednesday, September 16th, 2015 at 1:42 pm
      The banner was homemade, and the mouse ears are a free download - a link to the download is in the party credits at the bottom of the post.
    Monday, July 11th, 2016 at 4:28 pm
    Ebony says:
    Love it!! Where did you find the sprinkles for the pretzels?
      Tuesday, July 12th, 2016 at 9:03 am
      Hi Ebony! Sorry, I don't know where Giada's mom found them.
    Wednesday, February 28th, 2018 at 2:49 pm
    alexnadra says:
    Hello,
    I would like to make minnie's ear but I can not find where to go
    cordially
    Tuesday, June 12th, 2018 at 12:54 am
    Nicole says:
    What jars are used for the the centerpieces and candies and such!!?? Where can I get them?
      Tuesday, June 12th, 2018 at 9:21 am
      Hi Nicole! I'm sorry, I don't know where the mom got the jars.
    Wednesday, June 27th, 2018 at 8:51 pm
    Tonya Rhodes says:
    Hello!

I signed up for your newsletter twice but haven’t received the free link for the hot pink Minnie ears. Could you please email the link to me? I would appreciate it! We have a birthday party this Saturday:)