Dec

DIY washable glittered glassware

DIY washable glittered glassware

Break out the glitter! This is one of the coolest tricks I’ve seen – how to add glitter and then make it washable! Katherine of Inspire, Design, & Create made these super festive “dipped” wine glasses and added two coats of clear sealant to make them hand-washable. So, now you can create glittered glassware that can be washed and re-used, like these fabulous wine glasses.

I love the multi-colored glasses for Christmas, and the silver and black glasses for New Year’s, but this is a great idea for just about every holiday or event. Any birthday party, baby shower, bridal shower (or, you know, any ol’ Thursday) can use a little glitter, right? ; )

Hop over to Inspire, Design, & Create for more information on this project!

Reposted gratefully with permission from Katherine of Inspire, Design, & Create.

Comments

Thursday, December 13th, 2012 at 11:38 am
    Karen says:
    These are great! I love them in all the different colors. It's so festive like that!
      Friday, December 14th, 2012 at 10:26 am
      I second that! I'm going to need to stock up on glitter, because I want the whole rainbow now... : )
      Sunday, March 24th, 2013 at 2:43 am
      Do you try this/ were they really washable.
      • 1.2.1
        Sunday, March 24th, 2013 at 11:48 am
        I haven't tested it for a HUNDRED washings, but yes, you can wash them! : )
    Thursday, May 9th, 2013 at 1:32 pm
    Ashley Chase says:
    Hi, I was making the wine glasses you posted on here with the glitter on the bottom and I used the lacquer you posted and when I sprayed them it turned them white and they have been drying for about an hour. Will it go back to the color of the sparkle after a day or so? I did everything you said and I'm not sure what I did wrong
      Saturday, May 11th, 2013 at 2:50 pm
      Hi Ashley! This project was posted via Inspired, Design, & Create, so you can get more information there: http://inspiredesignandcreate.com/washableglitterglassware/
    Tuesday, October 29th, 2013 at 1:07 pm
    Lori Pham says:
    I loved the look of these glittered glasses so I tried to make my own. I applied the glitter to the topside of the glass and they were just gorgeous. However, when I sprayed them with the polyurethane it made them dull. When you flipped the glass over to see the bottom it was still beautiful because it was protected by the glass. The lesson learned was this: Apply your glitter and your polyurethane to the underside of the glasses that way the top side of the glass and will remain shiny and brilliant while the underside will still be protected ;)
      Tuesday, October 29th, 2013 at 2:16 pm
      That's a great tip, Lori! Thank you! : )

1. Kid-friendly New Year's Eve party ideas | Chickabug says: