Popsicle stick Christmas ornaments you can make - plus a tree topper!

Popsicle stick ornament crafts are a time-honored tradition for kids! I know my mom and dad still have several that I made when I was little, and they have a spot on the tree even after all these years. Because even the simplest ornament can be a treasure when it’s homemade, don’t you think?

Here are some craft stick ornaments (and one very cool tree topper) that you can make with your kiddos this year:

1. A simple reindeer ornament made with felt, googly eyes, and a red pom-pom nose – via Crafts-For-All-Seasons

2. Popsicle sticks spray painted white make a beautiful Christmas tree topper! (Though I’m thinking it does need some glitter.) ; ) – via BHG

3. A craft stick Santa made from sticks, cardboard, paint and yarn – via Kaboose

4. A sweetly decorated popsicle stick sled – via Plum Patchwork (for a tutorial on how to make a similar popsicle stick sled, see The Creative Crate)

5. A rustic tree made with craft sticks, finger paint and buttons – via Spoonful

6. How to make a popsicle stick snowman, complete with a jaunty little hat – via HubPages

Chickabug Christmas party theme paper goods & printables

Shop for Christmas theme paper goods and printables here.
Or, check out more Christmas ideas on Pinterest or here on my blog!

OLDER POST
NEWER POST

Comments

Saturday, December 14th, 2013 at 9:03 am
    Cheryl says:
    So many clever ideas! My favorite ornaments are the ones that I made as a child. I look forward to the day my son can make some too!
      Monday, December 16th, 2013 at 11:25 am
      Hi Cheryl! I think handmade ornaments are the most memorable! : )
    Sunday, December 15th, 2013 at 9:54 am
    Jacqui Odell says:
    I love number 6. The snowman is just so cute. It will be fun to do with the kids. Thanks for linking up to Party Time on Moms & Munchkins and we hope to see you next week.
    Monday, December 16th, 2013 at 10:21 am
    Cathy says:
    Love all the things you can do with Popsicle sticks...these are such creative ideas!
      Monday, December 16th, 2013 at 11:23 am
      Hi Cathy! I'm glad you like the ideas.The DIY options for Popsicle sticks are endless! : )
    Sunday, December 14th, 2014 at 10:08 pm
    Cheryl Stone says:
    I miss my children's popsicle stick ornaments. They have gotten lost over the years in all my moves. Now my grandchildren can make some with me!
    Tuesday, November 10th, 2015 at 10:13 am
    Barbara Desso says:
    My oldest daughter turned 40 this year and I still have the little popsicle sled that she made when she was in nursery school. I love to display it every year on the Christmas tree and tell her children that this is something that their Mother made for me when she was just a little girl.
      Tuesday, November 10th, 2015 at 12:08 pm
      That's so nice!! That's exactly why I love homemade ornaments so much too :)
    Thursday, November 10th, 2016 at 5:41 pm
    Jan says:
    I like the popsicle stick ornaments and tree toppers.