December 11, 2012 · Posted under Christmas, DIY holiday decor, holidays, round-ups
There are lots of pine trees around my house, and this year I can’t seem to resist picking up a few pine cones each time I walk the dog – they’re free decorations, after all! Right now I just have a little pile of them in the center of my dining room table, which is not very creative, so I went looking for some ideas of what to do with them. Here are my favorite ideas so far!
1. Make a gorgeous pine cone and acorn wreath – via Shelterness
2. Put pine cones in small bowls and cups, and top each one off with a glittered cardboard star – via Good Housekeeping
3. Make a simple and charming pine cone garland on a ribbon – via Twig and Thistle
4. Create a chic candle holder with corrugated cardboard and pine cones – via Stylizimo
5. Make a pine cone topiary ball in a white urn – via OCD Events
6. Fill flowerpots with pine branches, pine cones, and Christmas balls (this would be equally pretty indoors as out!) – via Plough Your Own Furrow
What natural materials do you like to decorate with? (Ooh! Do you make “real” wreaths?)
For more Christmas inspiration, click here!