Chalkboard paint and chalkboard labels have long been a staple for DIY crafters, and lately they’ve been popping up in birthday parties, too! I’m often seeing them in customers’ invitation orders – chalkboard signs are adorable in invitation photos, since they make great photo props. But if you love chalkboard paint, why stop there? Here are some more ideas for ways to incorporate chalkboard projects into a birthday party:
1. Make chalkboard speech bubbles for the kids to play with (also a great idea for a photo booth!) – via HowDoesShe
2. Label the buffet with a chalkboard menu – via Unique Chic Designs
3. Make DIY chalkboard tags to label the food and drinks – via The Happy Tulip
4. Create a huge outdoor chalkboard for the kids to draw on – via Apartment Therapy
5. Make a chalkboard cake for the kids to decorate – via Make
6. Make mason jar drink cups with chalkboard name tags – via Ginger Snap Crafts
PS – For a tutorial on how to make your own chalkboard paint (in any color!), check out Centsational Girl.