Jul

FREE! Printable sock monkey puppet template

At long last, it’s my most requested, most in-demand free printable… the Create Your Own Sock Monkey Puppet kit!

FREE printable sock monkey puppet template

This adorable project first debuted last summer in a fabulous sock monkey party that was featured on Amy Atlas and Kara’s Party Ideas in addition to my own blog. The make your own puppet craft is such a great idea for a sock monkey party activity, but here’s what – it had nothing to do with me! Party planner and proud mama Courtney of Courtney Adams Design was the one who came up with the idea for her son’s party, and she cut out all of the various shapes on her own. (Trust me, I was just as impressed by her creativity as you were!)

FREE printable sock monkey puppet template

But after all of the requests for a template, I knew I’d have to recreate the project as a free download. So, I created a 3-page free printable that includes a photo of the project, a list of materials, templates, and Courtney’s easy-to-follow instructions. I did several test runs, so I can tell you, the finished sock monkey hand puppets are even cuter in person! Now I just need a sock monkey puppet theater, too. ; )

You can download the free printable template here. You can also see lots more sock monkey party inspiration here!

Oh, and P.S. – the sock monkey in this project coordinates with all of the sock monkey party paper goods and printables for sale in my shop. It’s a perfect match!

Project concept and instructions by Courtney Adams Design
Photograph courtesy of Wallflower Photograper
Personalized sock monkey paper goods and printables are available from Chickabug

Sock Monkey theme party paper goods & printables from Chickabug

Shop for personalized Sock Monkey theme party paper goods and printables here.
Or, check out more Sock Monkey theme party ideas on Pinterest or here on my blog!

• • •
Join our mailing list to find out about all the latest free printables!
You can also like Chickabug on Facebook to get updates : )

Free printables from Chickabug!

Comments

Friday, July 6th, 2012 at 9:04 pm
    Deebi27 says:
    OMG, this poppet brings back sooo many memories...thank you! Would I be able to make 2 copies to use in my classroom, when we do a jungle theme. The hat would be for that, but saved for future fun Sock Monkey fun!!!
    Friday, July 6th, 2012 at 9:06 pm
    Deebi27 says:
    I you can used stand what I was trying to say thanks!

OMG, this puppet brings back sooo many memories...thank you! Would I be able to make 2 copies to use in my classroom, when we do a jungle theme. The hat wouldn't be for that, but saved for future fun Sock Monkey fun!!!
    Friday, July 6th, 2012 at 10:26 pm
    Deebi27 says:
    I give up...#1 puppet / not poppet, that hat (not the hat), # 2 - the jungle (not for that) but...I must need more sleep, maybe then I can type stuff out correctly!
      Saturday, July 7th, 2012 at 12:57 pm
      Aw, I like 'poppet'! ; ) I totally hear ya about the lack of sleep leading to loss of typing function, believe me. And absolutely, you could make as many copies of the puppet template as you would like! : )
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 at 1:50 pm
    Kathy says:
    Thanks! This sock monkey puppet could be a fun project on our beach vacation with three preschoolers, JUST IN CASE it rains some day. Hoping NOT, but going prepared.
      Saturday, August 25th, 2012 at 10:10 am
      Love that - that's smart planning! Fingers crossed for no rain though, for sure. : )
    Sunday, October 21st, 2012 at 5:42 pm
    Alaina says:
    I used the sock monkey puppet in my son's birthday!! THANK YOU! Loved it!! http://lorenholland.blogspot.com/2012/10/sock-monkey-fiesta.html
      Monday, October 22nd, 2012 at 7:33 pm
      SO CUTE!!! Thank you for sharing, Alaina! : )
    Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013 at 7:13 pm
    Sarah says:
    You are a TOTAL lifesaver. I'm on a serious budget and was about to lose my mind trying to make a homemade sock monkey invitation for my sons 1st bday...that was until I found your tutorial. Thank YOU so much!!!
      Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 at 1:26 pm
      That's so nice!! Thanks Sarah! : )
    Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 at 9:47 am
    Ashley says:
    Hi there, I love this idea for my son's first bday. However I really do not want to cut out all of those pieces x 20! Would you be willing to publish the pieces separately? I can have my cricut do all the dirty work of cutting for me!
      Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 at 1:24 pm
      I'm very sorry Ashley, I'm not sure what you mean?
      • 7.1.1
        Sunday, January 6th, 2013 at 9:59 am
        Ashley says:
        I figured it out! I just ungrouped the template and my cricut was able to cut them all out! Thanks so much, I love how they turned out!
        • 7.1.1.1
          Sunday, January 6th, 2013 at 10:00 pm
          That's great!! : ) Thanks for letting me know!
    Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 at 10:01 pm
    Marsha says:
    Thank You so much for sharing your Talents, You make my life and crafting so much easier!
      Thursday, February 14th, 2013 at 8:43 pm
      That's so good to hear! Thank you Marsha! : )

1. Sock monkey party: August is 1! | Chickabug says:
    Friday, July 6th, 2012 at 11:53 am
    [...] UPDATE: You can now download a free printable “Create Your Own Sock Monkey Puppet” kit here! [...]
  2. Sock monkey photo booth {with a free printable} | Chickabug says:
    Tuesday, November 27th, 2012 at 11:41 am
    [...] features, party games & activities, sock monkey by Leah Alaina of Holland Family Life used my free printable sock monkey puppet template for her son Zane’s first birthday! She had some crafty ideas for the template that I [...]
  3. Luau Craft: Hula Monkey Puppet - Coffee Cups and Crayons says: