Feb

Pretty in Pink party: Emmalyn is 1!

Recently I had the chance to work with none other than Jamielyn Nye of I Heart Nap Time for her daughter Emmalyn’s first birthday party! Jamielyn says, “I knew I wanted to go over the top with my daughter’s first birthday party. My daughter Emmalyn is just about as girly as they come and she LOVES pink. She enjoys trying on my pearls and her bows, so I wanted to tie that into the theme as well. This was my first party that I’ve styled and I had so much fun creating the party decor!”

For a “Pretty in Pink” theme, only one sort of invitation will do – pink, pink, and more pink!

Pretty in Pink birthday photo shoot

The photo shoot for the invitation was beyond precious.

The party menu included pink lemonade, club wraps, chicken croissant sandwiches, chips, veggies, fruit and strawberry dip. The dessert bar backdrop was made from ruffle fabric, hung with mounting tape. Pommettes from Pom Flair were added in the center to create a focal point. The ribbon banner on the front of the table is by A to Zebra Celebrations.

Pink lemonade was poured into mason jars topped with citrus flower lids and pink striped straws. Jamielyn wrapped each jar with ribbon, lace and twine securing it with glue dots. See the mason jar cups tutorial here.

Jamielyn says, “my favorite upcycle was an old rusty chandelier I found for $5. I turned it into a beautiful pink cake stand trimmed with pearls. It completed the whole dessert table! You can find the tutorial here.”

Sweets included vanilla cake with strawberry filling, red velvet cake pops, royal icing cookies and strawberry cupcakes.

Jamielyn turned an old nightstand (found for $2!) into a candy station. She made dollar store glass vases into pink vases by pouring pink paint inside. Then she filled them with fresh pink flowers to add to the dessert table. You can find tutorials for the nightstand and vases here.

The framed printable sign says “Please take one – thank you for coming to Emmalyn’s first birthday party.”

The gorgeous cookies and cakes were made by Sugar Dreams AZ.

I designed the water bottle labels and DIY printable buffet cards, which are available in my shop.

Emmalyn’s smash cake was iced in a beautiful pink rose design.

Polka dot favor bags from Cakes & Kids Too were decorated with ribbon and a printable favor tag. Guests filled their bags with pink gumballs, sixlets, rock candy, gummy bears, suckers and bubble gum sticks.

Thank you so much, Jamielyn! Happy birthday to Emmalyn! : )

Studio photography: Momentology Photography
Styling and photography: I Heart Nap Time
Cake, cookies & cake pops: Sugar Dreams AZ
Invitations, banner, food labels & water bottle labels: Chickabug
Ribbon banner: A to Zebra Celebrations
Poms and pommettes: Pom Flair
Chandelier cake stand: I Heart Nap Time
Straws & favor bags: Cakes & Kids Too
Mason jar lids: We Love Citrus
Funky frames: Cut It Out
Pink candy: Oh Nuts!
Pink tutu and party hat: I Heart Nap Time
Ribbon: The Ribbon Retreat
Ruffle fabric backdrop: Ruffle Fabric
Scalloped pink and white cupcake liners: Jo-Ann’s

This party has also been featured on Hostess With The Mostess, Kara’s Party Ideas, and I Heart Nap Time.

Chickabug "Pretty in Pink" theme paper goods & printables

Shop for personalized “Pretty in Pink” theme party paper goods and printables here.
Or, check out more “Pretty in Pink” theme party ideas on Pinterest or here on my blog!

Comments

Monday, February 27th, 2012 at 3:15 pm
    Sarah says:
    Love the sweet pink ideas! My Emmalyn is turning 1 in April and I've been looking for great party ideas.
      Monday, February 27th, 2012 at 6:54 pm
      What a coincidence! It's meant to be! ; )
    Tuesday, February 28th, 2012 at 1:39 pm
    Brenda (SweetSimpleStuff) says:
    This party is the true definition of "Pretty in Pink"!
    Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 at 10:42 pm
    Sharon Mckay says:
    This is sooooooooooooo lovely!!! Great job guys!!
      Wednesday, April 11th, 2012 at 2:24 pm
      Thanks Sharon!! You're so sweet! : )
    Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 at 10:43 pm
    Sharon Mckay says:
    Awesome Job!!! Beautiful in pink!!!
    Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 at 12:57 pm
    Windy City Novelties says:
    The pink lemonade glasses and the rose cake are so cute! This is a great overall idea for a 1st birthday! Absolutely perfect!
    Sunday, July 15th, 2012 at 12:57 pm
    Erika says:
    Where did you get the party hat and tutu? So cute!
      Sunday, July 15th, 2012 at 3:35 pm
      Hi Erika! Jamielyn (Emmalyn's mom) made them herself. : ) http://www.iheartnaptime.net/2011/02/pretty-in-pink-tu-tu-tutorial/
    Monday, July 23rd, 2012 at 4:27 pm
    Katie says:
    OH MY Gosh... I pinned the beautiful smash cake and then just opened the link to see the name Emmalyn! Too ironic. I pinned the cake for my daughter Emmalyn's 1st bday as well. I love it!
      Monday, July 23rd, 2012 at 8:43 pm
      That's such a funny coincidence! I love it too! It was truly meant to be : )
    Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 at 2:44 am
    Ashlye says:
    I love this theme and am using it for my daughter's 1st birthday as well. I am trying to make a cake stand for her party and pictures and am wondering if the pink dangling beads used are a strand you can buy? I have looked at all the local craft stores and cannot find anything I can use. Do you have any suggestions? Also, do you know the hats are for sale? I would love this exact party hat. Thanks!
      Thursday, August 2nd, 2012 at 6:34 pm
      Hi Ashlye! Unfortunately I don't know where the beading came from, but you can find a tutorial on the cake stand here: http://www.iheartnaptime.net/diy-cake-stand/

The party hat was homemade by Jamielyn (Emmalyn's mom).
    Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 at 10:56 am
    Sharon {Shay Designs} says:
    I am a HUGE pink and even more HUGE shabby chic fanatic! This entire party decor is absolutely to die for! I love the rose cake!
      Thursday, November 1st, 2012 at 8:49 am
      I checked out your shop - it really IS your style! I feel like you could use some of Jamielyn's decor ideas to display your jewelry! : )
    Tuesday, January 29th, 2013 at 2:01 pm
    Jennifer laskowski says:
    beautiful party, and your baby is a doll! my daughter, Marin, is turning one and I'm doing the same type of party but in purple! I wanted to know where you got her headband if you can remember! thank you!
      Tuesday, January 29th, 2013 at 5:11 pm
      I'm sorry Jennifer, I don't know where the headband came from! : \ I wish I did so I could help out!
    Sunday, February 17th, 2013 at 8:45 pm
    Eve says:
    Up until this momment I thought I had the only Emmalyn. Mine is three, and a twin.
      Sunday, February 17th, 2013 at 9:03 pm
      I've also done parties for an Emmelyn and an Emalynn! : )
      • 11.1.1
        Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014 at 12:09 pm
        Tracee says:
        Cute idea! My Emmalyn is 15 years old. I combined her name from her Great Great Grandmother Emma, and her Grandmother Mary Lynn.
        • 11.1.1.1
          Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014 at 8:12 pm
          Hi Tracee! I'm glad you like it. I love the name Emmalyn! : )
    Friday, February 22nd, 2013 at 3:55 pm
    Jill Zwiener says:
    I love the party hat! Did you make it or did you buy it? I'm not really a do-it-yourselfer so I would love to buy the same one.
      Friday, February 22nd, 2013 at 9:00 pm
      Hi Jill! Unfortunately, this hat isn't for sale anywhere - Emmalyn's mom made it from scratch, adding her own tulle ruffle and pearl trim.

1. Must Have Decorations for Her Second Birthday! ‹ Her View From Home says:
    Friday, June 1st, 2012 at 4:28 pm
    [...] I just stumbled across this site too.  Gorgeous!  I don’t know her – but I really wish she would come to my house and do this for my girls!  [...]
  2. Must Have Decorations for Her Second Birthday! ‹ Her View From Home says:
    Friday, June 1st, 2012 at 4:28 pm
  3. DIY chalkboard ideas for parties | Chickabug says:
    Tuesday, September 11th, 2012 at 1:06 pm
    [...] often seeing them in customers’ invitation orders – chalkboard signs are adorable in invitation photos, since they make great photo props. But if you love chalkboard paint, why stop there? Here are [...]
  4. Pretty in Pink party: Londyn is 1! | Chickabug says:
    Thursday, January 31st, 2013 at 2:15 pm
    [...] says, “I got the most of the ideas from the the party you showed on your blog. We even created the exact cake stand from an old light fixture! I threw in a few of my own ideas [...]
  5. New in the shop: "Pretty in Pink" birthday party printables kit! | Chickabug says:
    Sunday, August 25th, 2013 at 12:00 pm
    […] in Pink” theme is the sweetest birthday theme for a little girl’s party, especially a first birthday! This theme is one of my absolute favorites, so I’m happy to offer it as […]
  6. Gorgeous "Pretty in Pink" birthday party printables kit | Chickabug says:
    Tuesday, August 27th, 2013 at 11:41 am
  7. Free printable "Bag of Kisses" for Valentine's Day | Chickabug says:
    Monday, February 3rd, 2014 at 8:15 am
    […] I first got to know Jamielyn from I Heart Nap Time when I designed a set of party printables for her daughter’s first birthday party, and later we teamed up to bring you a set of free printable baby shower games. It’s always […]