Feb

Green recipes for St. Patrick’s Day

Green treats for St. Patrick's Day!

Everybody’s a wee bit Irish on St. Patrick’s Day, so break out the food coloring and celebrate with some tasty green treats!

1. Green velvet cupcakes by Love From the Oven

2. Green pancakes by Thoughtfully Simple

3. Mint chocolate chip cookies by TidyMom

4. Andes mint thumbprint cookies by Betty Crocker

5. Mini mint cheesecakes (four hearts to create a four leaf clover!) by Created By Diane

6. Shamrock rice krispie treats by The Outlaw Mom

More St. Patrick’s Day ideas and free St. Patrick’s Day printables can be foundย here!

PS. As a kid, we had green eggs for breakfast every year. What are your family’s St. Patrick’s Day traditions? Leave a comment : )

Comments

Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012 at 7:00 pm
    Jen says:
    We always do green eggs and ham for breakfast!
    Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012 at 10:09 pm
    Leslie says:
    Great food finds! I love the Andes mint cookies...may have to actually try those myself!
    Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 at 7:20 pm
    Cookin' Cowgirl says:
    We didn't have any real traditions for St. Patty's Day growing up, but my new one will be to make these Thin Mint Truffles! They are AMAZING!
      Sunday, February 26th, 2012 at 5:09 pm
      Those look AMAZING! Want to do a guest post over here?? Let's talk : )
    Friday, February 24th, 2012 at 9:58 pm
    Diane {Created by Diane} says:
    What a great line up of fun ideas. Thanks for including my mini cheesecakes.
      Sunday, February 26th, 2012 at 5:08 pm
      Thanks Diane! : )
    Friday, February 24th, 2012 at 10:44 pm
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy says:
    We build Leprechaun traps.... read about them here http://www.jaseyscrazydaisy.com/2011/03/leprechaun-traps.html
      Sunday, February 26th, 2012 at 5:17 pm
      That is the cutest idea Jasey!! I love it! : )
    Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 at 1:53 am
    Melissa @ Best Friends For Frosting says:
    Gosh these are all so cute! I found this on Pinterest and just needed to come by and say this is a fantastic idea! =) You have great taste!
      Friday, March 2nd, 2012 at 10:11 am
      Thank you Melissa! That means a lot coming from you! : )
    Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 at 12:43 pm
    Jennifer Lamont says:
    Can't wait to try the Green Velvet Cupcakes and the Mini Mint Cheesecakes!
    Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 at 11:32 pm
    Jerri says:
    Great post! I love all the stuff you picked. I found you on pinterest and I'm featuring you as my pinterest pick at my Friday Favorites party this week! Come by and check it out!
      Thursday, March 8th, 2012 at 5:11 pm
      Thanks Jerri! : )
    Friday, March 9th, 2012 at 9:52 pm
    Patty says:
    No family traditions; although we will be starting one this year! Our little guy is 10 months and I'm looking forward to the St. Patrick's Day celebration. We'll be wearing green (of course) and making those cool green pancakes. I am going to try to do the shamrock rice krispie treats, but my kitchen doesn't like when I cook with marshmallows. They may turn out to be egg-shaped. Thanks for sharing this list!
      Saturday, March 10th, 2012 at 9:18 pm
      Rice Krispie treats really can be hard to deal with sometimes, can't they?? No matter how many times I make them I'm always surprised how sticky the mix is when it's hot!
    Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 at 10:31 am
    Debra says:
    I love the green food and will be making #4! Your blog is a favorite of mine!
      Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 at 11:04 am
      Thank you Debra! I really appreciate that! : D
    Friday, February 22nd, 2013 at 7:59 am
    Kori says:
    Awesome roundup, thanks for posting! :)
      Friday, February 22nd, 2013 at 8:11 am
      You're so welcome Kori! : ) I have a St. Paddy's DRINKS round-up to come, too!
    Thursday, March 7th, 2013 at 8:59 pm
    Anna says:
    My family tradition for St. Patty's day is green milk. Which would go great with the green eggs. I also add green dye to the toilet water and tell my kids the leperchan had to use the bathroom before he left our house. LOL.
      Saturday, March 9th, 2013 at 2:38 pm
      Green milk is a family tradition for us, too! The whole green toilet water idea is definitely new (as far as I know) - and spreading like crazy thanks to Pinterest! ; )
    Sunday, June 16th, 2013 at 11:02 am
    Patty says:
    We put green coloring in EVERYTHING! Mac and Cheese, Chocolate milk, etc.!
    Thursday, March 13th, 2014 at 11:16 am
    Sarah says:
    This is the first time I'll be home with my daughter on St. Patrick's Day morning (I work full-time and go to school full-time) and I'm so excited to make all things green for her! Thanks for the ideas!
      Thursday, March 13th, 2014 at 11:19 am
      Hi Sarah! You're very welcome! I hope you and your daughter have a great day together! : )

1. Did you know that the orginal color of St. Patrick is blue? « latchonblog says:
    Monday, March 12th, 2012 at 3:25 am
    [...] So I thought it would be fun to introduce some fun treats for the family during this St. Patrick’s day.ย  Click on this link to look at ideas from green pancakes, mini mint cheesecakes, and even shamrock rice krispie treats.ย  St. Patrick’s Day Ideas [...]
  2. Green drinks for St. Patrick's Day (for adults AND kids!) | Chickabug says:
    Friday, February 22nd, 2013 at 9:41 am
    [...] need a lucky green snack to go with that drink? Here are some ideas! And even more St. Patrick’s Day ideas and free St. Patrick’s Day printables can be [...]