Oct

Sock monkey crochet hat pattern

Sock monkey hats are THE best prop for a sock monkey birthday invitation photo, so I can’t resist sharing this pattern โ€“ even if it is definitely what I consider to be advanced DIY. (I mean, to me, “Ch 1, turn. Dec, hdc in next 7, dec.” sounds like the most confusing thing ever.) But for those of you who do know how to crochet, you’re in luck! You can make your own sock monkey hat using a free pattern thanks to Jeannie from Neanner’s Shop. You can check out the pattern here.

Updated 7.23.12: Unfortunately, Jeannie from Neanner’s Shop no longer offers this pattern for free use. You can read her statement about why she has removed the pattern from her websiteย here.

Photo re-posted with permission from Neanner’s Shop.

Sock Monkey theme party paper goods & printables from Chickabug

Shop for personalized Sock Monkey theme party paper goods and printables here.
Or, check out more Sock Monkey theme party ideas on Pinterest or here on my blog!

Comments

Saturday, December 3rd, 2011 at 8:46 am
    Pauline says:
    Thank you for the pattern. I made one for my granddaughter and she wears it everywhere. She does not take it off. I am now preparing to make another for my younger granddaughter who saw it and needed to have one of her own.
      Saturday, December 3rd, 2011 at 10:44 am
      Aw! I'm glad your granddaughters love their hats, I bet they're adorable in them! : )
      Thursday, August 2nd, 2012 at 4:25 pm
      Bonnie says:
      do you think you could email me the sock monkey pattern. My little one wants a sock monkey hat and love this one. but the pattern is no long on the web site. thanks bonnie~
      • 1.2.1
        Thursday, August 2nd, 2012 at 6:30 pm
        I'm sorry Bonnie, I don't have a copy of the pattern to send you. It's unfortunate that it's not being offered any more, but even if I had the pattern, it wouldn't be right of me to share it against the author's wishes.
    Friday, January 13th, 2012 at 9:04 am
    Conni says:
    Hi I LOVE LOVE LOVE this Hat! I want to make this for my Great Grand Daughter. Everytime I click on the pattern 'here' it just flashes the page and goes completely blank. Can you send it to my email or is there somewhere else I can find it? Thank you so much for sharing.

THANKS BUNCHES!
    Conni
      Friday, January 13th, 2012 at 9:27 am
      Hi Conni! I'm not sure why that's happening! Can you try copying and pasting the link? Here's the link to the pattern: http://neannersshop.blogspot.com/2011/03/sock-monkey-hat-pattern-size-2t-4t.html

Heather : )
      • 2.1.1
        Friday, January 13th, 2012 at 1:54 pm
        Teresa says:
        Thanks. I was having the same issues as Connie. But the link worked for me using google chrome but not internet explorer.
    Sunday, January 15th, 2012 at 9:59 pm
    Shirley Paus says:
    I have been unable to get the pattern for the sock monkey hat (crocheted) to print and I would very much like it.
      Sunday, January 15th, 2012 at 10:05 pm
      Shirley Paus says:
      Could you email me the pattern for the sock monkey hat?
    Monday, January 16th, 2012 at 8:38 pm
    Shirley Paus says:
    Is there any way of gettting this pattern for the monkey hat any where else? When ever I click on here it just goes blank. Am I doing something wrong? Please reply.
      Monday, January 16th, 2012 at 8:48 pm
    Thursday, July 19th, 2012 at 10:32 am
    Cathy Brinkman says:
    I love your pattern and would like to make one for each of my 4 small grandchildren. Do you have the pattern for sale. Please let me know. Thank you.
      Thursday, July 19th, 2012 at 11:52 am
      Hi Cathy! This pattern is free. Please see http://neannersshop.blogspot.com/2011/03/sock-monkey-hat-pattern-size-2t-4t.html
      • 5.1.1
        Sunday, July 22nd, 2012 at 6:33 pm
        Cathy Brinkman says:
        I have gone to the address that you provided to find the pattern and am unable to locate it. The site states that the pattern is no longer available for free. I would be happy to pay for the pattern if need be. If you would, please email me any further information that you are able to provide. Thank you!
        • 5.1.1.1
          Monday, July 23rd, 2012 at 8:19 am
          That's unfortunate! I'm sorry though, I can't help - I am in no way associated with the person who did the pattern, besides the fact I featured her idea here. You would need to write her to ask about the pattern and whether you can buy it from her.
          • 5.1.1.1.1
            Tuesday, August 28th, 2012 at 3:51 pm
            Cathy Brinkman says:
            Do you know how to contact this person? Thank you.
          • Tuesday, August 28th, 2012 at 3:57 pm
            Hi Cathy! You can visit her blog and leave a comment there:

Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012 at 11:03 pm
    Corlyn says:
    I am so sorry to hear that you are not posting this pattern because of "rotten apples". It is the cutest sock monkey hat pattern I have seen and I would love to make it for my granddaughters and grandson. But, I certainly understand that when people don't play by the rules there are consequences, and that the rest of use have to pay for that. Keep doing your wonderful patterns and know that just looking at the end result is a fun thing!!!
      Thursday, October 4th, 2012 at 11:39 am
      I'll pass your comments on to the person who made the hat pattern. : )
    Friday, January 18th, 2013 at 9:17 am
    Cathy Brinkman says:
    I would like to purchase your pattern if possible. Thank you.
      Friday, January 18th, 2013 at 11:21 am
      Hi Cathy! Please contact the person who designed the pattern. http://neannersshop.blogspot.com/2011/03/sock-monkey-hat-pattern-size-2t-4t.html
    Thursday, February 21st, 2013 at 12:54 pm
    Jessi says:
    So...if she has closed her shop would you be allowed to repost the pattern?
      Thursday, February 21st, 2013 at 7:29 pm
      No, I'm sorry - it's still her intellectual property whether or not she's choosing to sell it. : \