October 4, 2011 · Posted under party food & recipes, round-ups
I thought it would be fun to round up another set of ideas – but this time, these are all little cups that can be filled with different things. Time to think outside the bread bowl and get fancy-schmancy with edible shells!
1. Lace ice cream bowls via North County Times – these are so pretty, and the recipe is so simple.
2. Sugar cookie bowls recipe by Wilton – they actually make a special baking pan just for this purpose, but I think an inverted mini muffin tin would also work! (Has anyone tried this?)
3. Phyllo cups via Pham Fatale – this recipe calls for a mushroom-cheese filling, but you could easily substitute in a different filling of your choice.
4. Chocolate cups via Bakerella – fill with pudding, ice cream, or maybe just more chocolate.
5. Mini taco bowls via Emily Bites – made using 6″ tortillas baked in an upside-down muffin tin. So easy!
6. Parmesan cups via kitchenroundtable.com – these are made of nothing but Parmesan cheese. Seriously! They’d be so cute holding little mini Caesar salads, as the recipe author suggests.