Super sweet popcorn recipes

Super sweet popcorn recipes - perfect for parties!

Sugared-up popcorn is a fabulous party treat – it’s easy to make, easy to serve, and everyone loves it! I was inspired by the store-bought watermelon popcorn in yesterday’s party post to find some party-worthy recipes you can make at home. Here are my faves – salty, sweet, and perfect for snacking:

1. Cinnamon bun popcorn (cinnamon caramel corn with pecans and white chocolate) via Our Best Bites

2. Pretty pretty princess pink party popcorn (made with white chocolate) via Erin Cooks

3. Poppin’ popcorn brittle (caramel, M&M’s & peanuts) by Orville Reddenbacher’s via STL Mommy

4. S’mores popcorn via Nest of Posies

5. Chocolate & peanut butter popcorn (I’d call it Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup popcorn!) via Brown Eyed Baker

6. Popcorn trail mix with dried fruit and nuts via GoodLife Eats

PS. If you need a primer on how to make fresh-popped popcorn on the stove (super cheap and easy!), check out the perfect popcorn recipe at Simply Recipes.

Read on for more tempting party food recipes!

Comments

Thursday, August 18th, 2011 at 2:55 am
    Ruth Suttie Gauss says:
    Waaahhh!  Party season just ended at my house, but maybe I can use these recipes for the school parties this year and adapt them for the holidays we will celebrate...
    Thursday, August 18th, 2011 at 3:43 am
    Erin says:
    Thank you so much for linking to my pink popcorn! I forgot how fun that was to make and eat :)
      Friday, November 11th, 2011 at 2:02 pm
      Thank YOU, Erin! Your popcorn was the inspiration to find all the rest for this round-up. Who could resist PINK popcorn?! : )
    Friday, August 19th, 2011 at 2:18 pm
    Dusti says:
    Yum - what a great treat for the kids. We love popcorn
    Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 at 6:19 pm
    Nestofposies says:
    omgoodness gracious.  you are too kind.
    i appreciate you including the s'mores popcorn.

all of these look divine.  i call a "girl's nite IN" with these tasty treats & chic flicks!!!

have a beautiful day.
    kellie
      Friday, November 11th, 2011 at 2:03 pm
      I like the way you think, Kellie!! : )
    Friday, November 11th, 2011 at 1:59 pm
    John Galt says:
    Do you know how long these will last if wrapped air tight in cling wrap?
      Friday, November 11th, 2011 at 2:02 pm
      I'm sorry John, I have NO idea - I'm sure they'd all last at least a day or two, but I think it would depend a little on which recipe you're making in particular.
    Friday, April 20th, 2012 at 10:30 am
    jessica says:
    Yummy!!!!!, I usually go for Gourmet Popcorn but love this recipe will def try at home !!!
    Monday, May 28th, 2012 at 3:15 pm
    Allie says:
    YAY!!! Summer is here and since I have to work most of the week, we try to have movie night with the kids a couple of times a week. i decided that this year we will shake things up a bit and make some "fancy" popcorn as my youngest calls it. CANNOT wait to try some of these. Thank you!
      Thursday, May 31st, 2012 at 11:38 am
      Lucky kids!! That sounds SO fun. : ) Thanks for popping by and leaving such a great note!
    Thursday, June 7th, 2012 at 11:58 pm
    Cynthia says:
    Thanks for the ideas!!! I will be adding one of these popcorn mixes to my daughters upcoming Cowgirl party!
    Thursday, July 19th, 2012 at 8:07 pm
    Michele Meyer says:
    These all look delicious! Great party ideas. Does anyone have a recipe to make kettle corn at home? Would love any ideas you have.
      Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 at 6:40 pm
      Hi Michelle! Kettle corn is very easy to make! : ) Here's a recipe: http://savorysweetlife.com/2010/03/kettle-corn/
    Friday, October 5th, 2012 at 6:39 pm
    Megan says:
    These look SO good. Thanks for gathering the ideas. For whatever reason, I've never thought to put popcorn in trail mix, but I'm loving the possibility.
      Monday, October 8th, 2012 at 1:33 pm
      It's REALLY good, I bet you'll like it! : )
    Saturday, December 15th, 2012 at 10:49 am
    Sharon says:
    I am looking for a recipe that has popcorn, prezels, cheese crackers, etc and is spicy. Any ideas? Thank you very much.
      Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 at 1:49 pm
      If it were me, I'd just toss everything together with some chili for spice - you really can't go wrong with a mix like that!
    Saturday, January 25th, 2014 at 3:35 pm
    katherine says:
    I saw the (DIY) MOOSE MUNCH but I cant get the recipe... it looks so good. do you think you could help me get it?
    Thanks
      Saturday, January 25th, 2014 at 4:29 pm
      Hi Katherine! I found a recipe for Moose Munch here: http://www.somethingswanky.com/diy-moose-munch/

Hope that helps! : )

1. Saturday, August 20th, 2011 at 7:19 am
    Chickabug » Blog Archive » Super sweet popcorn recipes | coloradogourmetkettlecorn.com
    [...] the original: Chickabug » Blog Archive » Super sweet popcorn recipes Categories : Uncategorized Tags : faves, find-some, make-at-home, party-post, store, [...]
  2. Friday, January 6th, 2012 at 3:40 pm
    Chocolate pretzel popcorn cake | Chickabug
    [...] (typeof(addthis_share) == "undefined"){ addthis_share = [];}Popcorn lovers, hold on to your hats – this is a cake made out of popcorn, chocolate, and pretzels! And oh [...]
  3. Thursday, March 1st, 2012 at 9:41 pm
    party at our house || tea@elevensies
    [...] all means, walk this way. If you’re not on Pinterest yet…why not?), some savory, some sweet. I want to try crushed roasted kale [...]
  4. Tuesday, July 3rd, 2012 at 8:23 am
    Host A Backyard Summer Movie Party - Seattle Mamas Seattle Mamas
    [...] inspired with Chicabug’s roundup to mix it up with fun popcorn options like s’mores and chex [...]
  5. Thursday, August 30th, 2012 at 11:34 am
    S’mores Popcorn | Newman's Corner
    [...] found this recipe that was linked to a website which was also linked to another website. I’ll give you two guesses as to where I found [...]
  6. Thursday, October 18th, 2012 at 7:16 am
    Pop it like it’s hot « SelinaStoane.Com
    [...] and got to thinking about how many amazing things you can do with popcorn. Found this cool page online that lists different [...]
  7. Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 at 3:46 pm
    - purplemeadowsevents.com
    [...] Here are some other sweet and salty popcorn combinations: source: chicabug.com [...]
  8. Saturday, November 3rd, 2012 at 11:12 pm
    Popcorn That Pleases | Emma Holland
    [...] Super Sweet Popcorn Recipies- http://www.chickabug.com/blog/2011/08/super-sweet-popcorn-recipes.html [...]
  9. Friday, February 22nd, 2013 at 3:25 pm
    Super sweet popcorn recipes - Repin-Me.com
    [...] Read all the details about the recipe on: chickabug.com [...]
  10. Saturday, April 20th, 2013 at 2:01 am
    The Mommy Files: The Lemonade Stand | Modern Baby
    [...] and the kids could make lemonade stand popsicles, sweet popcorns, or yummy lemon [...]