Photo booths are such a fun party activity for both kids and adults, and it’s really not hard to create a really great-looking setup! Here are some tips for a fun and pretty photo booth by party planner Ali of Alexandra Schweitzer Events:
• For a backdrop, hang up colorful fabric – you can even use curtains or a blanket (the backdrop in these photos is a picnic blanket from Target!)
• Provide a few chairs for people to sit on. You can find inexpensive, colorful chairs at Ikea, or you can grab ones you already have on-hand (Ali used Pottery Barn chairs from her kids’ playroom).
• For the photo frame, Ali found a large piece of art at Goodwill for just $5. She popped the art out, re-donated it right back to Goodwill, and took the frame home to spray paint it. She used stencils to create the swirls.
• Tying up a couple of balloons in the photo booth area is a fun touch!
• Just outside of the view of the camera, set up a bucket of fun photo props. Ali hit the dollar aisle at Target and bought fun hats and headbands and raided her kids’ playroom for feather boas and other odds and ends. Anything fun and silly will do!
• You can use any camera to take the shots, but to keep things easy, consider using a tripod. That way all of your pictures will come out no matter who’s behind the camera!
How fun is that! Ali said that all of her party guests loved the photo booth, especially the kids! And, the photos doubled as a party favor – she did quick print-outs and sent one photo home with each guest. The rest of the pictures were sent out via email after the party.
|Ali of Alexandra Schweitzer Events is a party planner in the Oconomowoc, Wisconsin area.