July 21, 2011 · Posted under luau, nautical, party food & recipes, pirate, pool / beach party, round-ups, under the sea
I remember when I was little, my grandmother always made melon balls out of her watermelons and cantaloupes instead of just cutting them into chunks. Even as a kid it registered for me that she was putting just a BIT more love into her food, and it’s one of my fondest memories of her to this day. So just imagine if she’d made a flippin’ GIANT BEACH BALL COOKIE COVERED IN FRUIT. Or a crab sandwich… literally! This is the stuff that memories are made of… and of course will impress the heck out of any summer party guest, too. : ) Here are 5 great beach party food ideas!
1. “Crabby crabwich” via FamilyFun Magazine – with baby carrot legs, red pepper claws, and black olive eyes. Great for under the sea or pirate parties!
2. Starfish s’mores via Hungry Happenings – made with homemade marshmallows and candy eyes. Cuteness!
3. “Pearly bites” cookies via Spoonful – super sweet for a girlie beach party! The pearl inside is a yogurt-covered raisin or peanut.
4. Giant beach ball sugar cookie via Hungry Happenings – Pillsbury cookie dough, pre-made cheesecake filling, lemon curd, and whipped topping are all hiding under that yummy fruit.
5. Watermelon beach bucket via the National Watermelon Promotion Board – so clever and (maybe) not even so hard to make! The crabs and other critters are cut out with beach theme cookie cutters.