I might be a total cheeseball, but this year I really wanted to celebrate my dog’s birthday in some small way. And what better way to celebrate than with a free printable that honors adopted dogs, and the families who adopt them!

Read on for the whole story, or skip to the bottom to get the goods. ; )

Meet Charlotte

Although I just celebrated Charlotte’s birthday, it’s a bit of a guess as to how old she is (she’s six… ish). I do know for sure when I adopted her, though: April 5, 2008. At the time, I was regularly volunteering at a shelter. Although I wasn’t really looking for a dog of my own, I could tell Charlotte was special – and that being at the shelter was already getting to her. I took her home so she’d have a quiet place to stay until the next adoption day, and before I knew it she wasn’t going anywhere. She was meant to be with me! It was the best non-decision I ever made. : )

Since then, she has been by my side at every step – she’s my shadow, and I couldn’t lose her if I tried. She’s a heck of a swimmer, a lightening-fast sprinter, and can turn on a dime. She loves riding in the car but makes for an absolutely terrible passenger. She sits six inches from the fireplace all winter, sleeps all the way under the covers at night, and loves to eat kale (what kind of a dog loves kale?). She protects me against absolutely everyone whether I want her to or not (sigh). She can learn a new trick in a weekend or less, has never torn up a single thing in the house, ever, and has made enemies with deliverymen in more than one city. In short, she’s way more than I bargained for… and she’s everything to me.

Here she is, my incredibly loyal, intelligent, ornery, and absolutely-perfect-for-me dog:

Nothing makes me happier than seeing Charlotte wag that little bit of a tail! I love her so, and I’m proud that she’s an adopted dog. It was the right decision for me, and perhaps adopting a dog from a shelter or rescue was the right decision for you and your family, too. If that’s the case, Charlotte and I have a little gift for you. : )

Charlotte’s birthday gift to you: Free printable adoption kits!

If Charlotte could talk, she’d say: I was a shelter dog, and I’m a great dog, and I’d like to thank people who adopted other dogs like me.

But since she can’t talk (or type, or use graphic design software), I’m going to have to do the thanking for her – with a free printable dog adoption kit! It comes in both pink and blue, and it includes:

• Certificate of adoption (worded to be child- or family-friendly)
• Printable circles with a variety of phrases
• Recipe for dog treats
• Bag tags so that your dog can share the treats with their “friends” : )

howtodownload

To download this free printable, join our VIP list!

Enter your email address, click submit, and then check your email (including your spam folder). In your welcome email there will be a link to a special VIP-only download page where you can download this free printable… plus LOTS more!

If you download and use this kit, thank you – from the happy dog who’s watching me type this, and from me, too. : ) And, now that I’ve talked your ear off about Charlotte, I’d love to hear about your dog! Leave a comment and tell me all about them!

PS. By popular demand I’ve also added a free printable CAT adoption set!

OLDER POST
NEWER POST

Comments

Tuesday, April 12th, 2011 at 3:51 pm
    Brenda says:
    Heather - this is so sweet! It brings a tear to my eye! What an adorable dog you have! Our dog (Max) had to go live with my husband's sister when we moved to Hawaii (we were afraid he was too old to "make" the flight). This makes me want to go adopt another one! Happy birthday to Charlotte!!
      Tuesday, April 12th, 2011 at 5:16 pm
      Heather - Chickabug says:
      Thank you, Brenda!! For such a particular lil' mutt, Charlotte really is a cutie (although I could NOT be more biased). : ) I really feel for you that you couldn't bring your dog with you to Hawaii - that must have been SO difficult for you, I can only imagine!! Maybe this really is a sign that the time is right for a new pup? (I'm such an enabler, I know!) ; )
    Tuesday, April 12th, 2011 at 4:16 pm
    Jill {peasandthankyous} says:
    Heather this is one of the greatest ideas I've seen! We just finished fostering 7 little puppies who were found at four weeks old, living under a car hood in the woods. We had them for six weeks and saw them through thick and thin and just loved them to pieces... especially the one who we adopted as our own : ) I can't wait to share this with the babies new moms and dads!! Happy birthday to your beautiful Charlotte!!
      Tuesday, April 12th, 2011 at 4:57 pm
      Heather - Chickabug says:
      Oh Jill, I have to tell you, you brought tears to my eyes with your story. What a wonderful thing that you did for those puppies!! I know it's the hardest thing ever to let them go - it makes me smile BIG TIME that you kept one lucky pup! : )
    Tuesday, April 12th, 2011 at 9:19 pm
    Sara says:
    Even my mom is hooked on your blog! She just told me to read this and it made me cry...sooo sweet! Charlotte is one lucky pup :)
    This kit is such a great idea and so makes me want to adopt a 6th member to our fam...for now though we're set with our 9 lb shih tzu, Melanie. Thanks for the story, Heather, I'm definitely hanging onto this for the future!!
      Thursday, April 14th, 2011 at 12:10 am
      Heather - Chickabug says:
      Aw, Sara!!! That is so super nice of you to say - and I can't believe your mom reads my blog! Not even MY mom reads my blog!! ; )
    Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 at 3:32 am
    Emily Peak says:
    Both of our dogs are from the Humane Society - Eddie and Tootsie. They are the BEST dogs I've ever had. They're pretty low-key, never really bark and love to snuggle. Of course they hog the bed, wake up early on the weekend (before the baby) and chase any bird, squirrel or bunny in our yard:0) But, we love them!!!
      Thursday, April 14th, 2011 at 12:13 am
      Heather - Chickabug says:
      Eddie and Tootsie - those are perfect doggie names! They sound like feisty, LUCKY pups. : ) (Charlotte says she agrees about the whole bird, squirrel and bunny thing, too.... LOL!)
    Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 at 11:49 pm
    Maria Davis says:
    I'm so excited to have found this!! You are going to laugh, but I'm actually using this for my DAUGHTER'S birthday party :) She wants a puppy themed party (she is a little puppy obsessed)! For the favors, I'm giving each child a stuffed puppy. I was going to try and create my own adoption certificates, but then I found this!!! So thrilled. Thank you!!!

(oh and I do have a dog who we adopted from a shelter five years ago (and she will be getting a bday party this year too) so I understand the love) ;)
      Friday, April 15th, 2011 at 2:51 pm
      Heather - Chickabug says:
      That's so cute, Maria!! I didn't even think of using the set for a party (surprising, since I think about parties 99% of the time...). ; ) I hope your daughter and her friends love their adopted "puppies"! : )
    Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 at 10:28 pm
    R Potatoes says:
    Absolutely love this! We adopted our Murphy 5 months ago. I am so printing one of these out for him!! XO XO XO
    Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 at 10:58 pm
    Rosecrystalcat says:
    We have 7 animals (4 cats & 3 dogs) adopted from shelters & an 8th (another cat) that found us just last month when he was is bad shape. This is an increible story of Charlotte! We drove 5 hours each way for Courtney 6 years ago when we thought Kira wasn't going to make it through the summer...she did and loved her new puppy which brought out the puppy in her (7 yrs at the time).
      Wednesday, April 20th, 2011 at 4:47 pm
      Heather - Chickabug says:
      What a wonderful rescue story!! That just warms my heart. It's so good to know that there are people out there who will go so far out of their way to rescue a dog in need. No wonder more animals keep finding you! ; )
    Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 at 11:19 pm
    Laceelola says:
    Thursday, April 21st, 2011 at 2:37 am
    Michelle Chafin says:
    These are adorable:) Provided me with an idea for Easter.
    Sunday, November 6th, 2011 at 5:22 am
    Aimee says:
    I adore this! I am going to have to share this with my blog readers. Thank you for putting this together.
      Sunday, November 6th, 2011 at 3:19 pm
      Heather - Chickabug says:
      Thanks Aimee! I just checked out your blog - it's wonderful! I'd be so happy if you shared the adoption kit with your readers. : )
    Friday, December 2nd, 2011 at 2:25 pm
    CJ Fraze says:
    I absolutely love these!!! My best friend is a sponsor for the Cocker Spaniel rescue in DFW & makes something for all of the dogs that are adopted....GREAT!!!
    Sunday, January 22nd, 2012 at 10:40 am
    Jennifer @ Double the Fun Parties says:
    Hi Heather - This is so perfect! My parents had to put their sweet basset hound down last week, and just adopted a rescue dog yesterday. My girls and I are going to make a little surprise celebration for "nameless new dog" today. If I get any good photos, I'd love to share this on http://doublefunparties.com this week, if it's OK by you. Thanks again!
      Sunday, January 22nd, 2012 at 4:51 pm
      I would LOVE that Jennifer! Thank you!! You can see I really just took the quickest of photos for this post... to be able to see the kit used at a real "welcome party" would be so fantastic! : )

I hope the new pup is settling in, and that your parents are doing well. What a roller coaster of a week - I feel for them, in both their loss and their new happiness!
      • 12.1.1
        Monday, January 23rd, 2012 at 9:57 am
        Jennifer @ Double the Fun Parties says:
        You're so sweet! The little party meant the world to my mom. I'll have the photos up on Tuesday -- they aren't great; it was a pretty gloomy day. If it's OK, I'd love to include your images of the two collections -- they'll look better than my photos!
        • 12.1.1.1
          Monday, January 23rd, 2012 at 7:16 pm
          Please do include my pics if they would be useful! : ) Let me know when the post is up, I'd love to share it on facebook!
    Tuesday, January 24th, 2012 at 10:37 am
    Debbie says:
    We just adopted our Lil Boo, a 5 lb. Pomeranian, newly married, we each had lost our pets earlier, mine to cancer and his after being hit by a car. We love our Boo. Thank you for this printable, I can't wait to get it framed along with his picture! Debbie from the Northwest
      Tuesday, January 24th, 2012 at 2:48 pm
      What a cute name for a cute little dog! : ) Thanks for sharing your story, Debbie!
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 at 4:46 pm
    jennifer says:
    so super cute!!!! do you have one for cats or kittens?? =)
      Monday, February 6th, 2012 at 5:44 pm
      Not yet, but that's a great idea! I'll put it on my list : )
    Sunday, February 19th, 2012 at 8:27 pm
    erika says:
    My daughter and I are part of an animal rescue association in Monterrey, Mexico. www.prodan.org.mx all parties are of animals and this year celebrates 9 and 5 to be part of PRODAN, thank you very much for sharing, the party stay beautiful because of you. Sorry 4 my spelling :S
      Monday, February 20th, 2012 at 12:39 am
      That's so wonderful, Erika! I'm thrilled that you'll be using my printables for your party. Thank you! : )
    Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012 at 5:22 pm
    Kaitlin says:
    Oh I so absolutely just died over this. First off, Charlotte is a stunner, what a lovely lady! Both of my boys are adopted, and I was a shelter worker for six years. I blog about dogs, and absolutely promote adoption. This was such a bright spot in my day, thank you!
    Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 at 12:41 pm
    Julie @White Lights on Wednesday says:
    Hi Heather! I made the Pea-Mutt Butter Treats for our English Bulldog Maggie last night and she loves them! Thanks so much for the recipe.
    I'm featuring your recipe and printable on my blog today. :)

Friday, February 24th, 2012 at 10:19 pm
      Thank you so much Julie!! I LOVE the feature (and Maggie)! : )
    Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 at 8:38 pm
    Kim Jackson says:
    I love this! Perfect for my daughter's 6th birthday puppy adoptathon party. Thank you!
    Tuesday, March 6th, 2012 at 11:47 am
    Laura says:
    We just adopted Darcy from the pound a few days ago. I can't say enough good things about adopting. I am grinning ear to ear right now while your prints are downloading. Thank you so much for sharing. She is our first adoption and she is the sweetest best thing!
      Tuesday, March 6th, 2012 at 8:16 pm
      Congratulations Laura!! Aw! How exciting for you and for Darcy (who is SO cute btw). I'm totally grinning ear to ear now, too! : )
    Monday, May 14th, 2012 at 3:44 pm
    Lisa Blendowski says:
    Heather, I just stumbled across this and am IN LOVE! I have been in dog rescue for the past three years and this is perfect!!!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING!
      Tuesday, May 15th, 2012 at 10:34 pm
      Thanks Lisa!!! To have these end up in the hands of a dog rescuer is just fantastic! And BTW, I checked out your blog, and your pups are gorgeous. Lucky dogs! : )
    Sunday, June 10th, 2012 at 7:01 pm
    Carmel Leyland says:
    What a fantastic idea you adoption certificates are, my granddaughter is adopting a little dog tomorrow and this was just the kind of thing I was looking for, I want her to enjoy her little dog for the rest of it's life so I think it is important that she understands this is a real commitment, so we have drawn up a contract that has promises that she has to make to Princess Lola ( previous owner named her) and she has to sign it and agree before the adoption is finalized.

Thank you so much, We will help and guide Rosie with her new life time friend and we will make sure she is a loving and understanding owner.
      Tuesday, June 12th, 2012 at 12:03 pm
      That's so wonderful Carmel!! Congratulations to Rosie AND to Princess Lola. She's a lucky dog to find her way into your family! : )
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 at 6:31 am
    lemondedis says:
    dites... y'a pas les mêmes pour chats ?!?... mon chat est tout déçu !... il y a bien quelques petites choses que je vais pouvoir utiliser pour lui, mais on aurait aimé un "vrai" kit "chat" !... sinon, j'adore ce site, et votre action pour des causes auxquelles j'adhère totalement (prévention du cancer du sein, adoption animale...)
      Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 at 7:37 am
      There will be a cat kit coming soon! : )
    Saturday, September 1st, 2012 at 4:58 pm
    Natalie says:
    Love these but cant get it to open. Am I doing something wrong? I click on the download link and its blank. Appreciate any help please! :) Thanks so much in advance.
      Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 at 12:07 pm
      Hi Natalie! It should open right up when you click to download. I'll email you!
    Sunday, September 9th, 2012 at 9:43 pm
    Lilly says:
    I have tried and tried to open this file but all i keep getting is a blank page, am I doing something wrong? Thanks
      Monday, September 10th, 2012 at 3:35 pm
      Hi Lilly! I just emailed you! : )
    Monday, October 22nd, 2012 at 10:55 pm
    Lisa says:
    Thanks for the certificates. Our Huskies Kal and Lena had six puppies. All but one are going to be rehomed ( a little sad cause we've grown so attached to them) but realistically we can't keep a total of 8 dogs especially of this breed in our city home. I wanted to include an adoption certificate for the new owners to go along with their new puppy packages when they take their bundle of fur home. Thanks for these. They are great!
    Sunday, November 4th, 2012 at 8:21 pm
    holly says:
    i wanted to open these and type the kids and dogs name on the sheet, but its asking for a pdf password to do so. :( these are adorable
    Thursday, November 8th, 2012 at 11:18 am
    Victoria says:
    Hi! I am not adopting a dog, however I am throwing my daughter a "puppy party" and they are stuffing their own puppies so these are going to be perfect. Thank you so much!
      Monday, November 12th, 2012 at 4:43 pm
      That's so sweet! I REALLY love puppy parties where you can adopt a toy puppy - I think it's a good lesson to sneak in with all the fun! ; )
    Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 at 9:03 pm
    Linda says:
    I love your adoption kit. I have 5 dogs, 3 from Freecycle and 2 from animal shelter. I donot need 5 dogs, but so glad to have given them a forever home.
      Thursday, January 17th, 2013 at 4:56 pm
      Aw : ) Isn't that how it goes? They keep finding their way home, I know! I would have a whole pack by now if Charlotte would be able to get along with other dogs in the house. But she's definitely meant to be an "only child"!
    Sunday, February 24th, 2013 at 7:55 am
    Mimi says:
    These printables are perfect for my daughter's "Dog Rescue" 8th birthday party next week. The kids will each be adopting a stuffed animal puppy from our "rescue center." They'll also be making the dog treats and then we're donating the treats to our local Humane Society. Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful resources!
      Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 at 10:58 am
      That's so wonderful Mimi!! I love the idea of making the treats at the party and then donating them. That's just so great : )
    Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 at 2:48 pm
    This is great! But wheat flour is bad for dogs. They need a gluten free recipe. I wonder if you could substitute brown rice flour instead?
      Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 at 5:12 pm
      You can, yes! Or garbanzo bean flour, that's better than rice.
    Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 at 2:55 pm
    I wonder if you could make a similar certificate to present to the foster family? It's so rewarding to foster, knowing that the perfect home has been found for the dog! I'd love to use this certificate for the adopting family but would also love one to give to the foster family that's letting the dog go. They are truly the bridge!
      Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 at 5:12 pm
      That's a nice idea!
    Monday, March 18th, 2013 at 11:54 pm
    Mrs.Charlie Williams says:
    Oh my Heather! Charlotte is adorable!!
    Our stories are almost the same. I had just put in an order & was cruising your pages & saw this. My husband is a Veterinarian & we got a call a year-n-half ago from someone that told me about a puppy that was being abused by a family, including the children. She wanted to know if I would come get him if she could get to him.
    He would come to her house to be fed. I told her You BET I will! I jumped in my car & raced over there, praying the whole way that she could gain his trust. She did, & I finally got him to come to me after about an hour & put him in my car & took him to the clinic.
    His name is Bandit, this was the name the original family gave him. He's a mix of Jack Russell & maybe Yorkie/Terrier , we're not really sure. He weights 16 lbs. & now is 4 years old.
    I spent about 4 hours with him that night at the clinic. I wanted to bring him home with me so bad, but I already had 2 dogs here & one of them (English Bulldog) does NOT like other dogs,only Miller,(another rescue) who he grew up with. He was very aggressive with others. BTW, we tried every way we know how to stop him from being that way, but nothing worked.
    It broke my heart to leave him that night, but every night after that I spent EIGHT months of going to the clinic every night & spending several hours with him. During the day he was able to stay in the Secretaries office. But when she left at 5:30pm every day, I knew he would just be in a cage.
    The 1st day I picked him up, my husband ran bloodwork on him & we gave him his shots. We found out that he had Heartworms! They had not been giving him heartworm pills. That was Not good news. We knew it was not going to be an absolute that we could get rid of them. During the first 2 weeks, he stole my heart & everybody else that works there. We had to start the treatment & pray he would be healed.
    He unfortunately, had a bad reaction to the treatment & it darn near killed him, but he's s little fighter. Because of that, we had to wait several months before we could try it again but this time with some different meds to help & again praying the heartworms wouldn’t kill him before we could start them again.
    We were told that he was around 2 years old at that time. He had been adopted by these cruel people. The kids would pick him up & throw him on the ground. He was chained in the yard, yelled at & mistreated so badly. To this day, he's scared to be picked up & it scars him to death if somebody raises their voice. When football season was here, we would yell at the TV & he would VERY quietly ease out of the room with his tail tucked between his legs.
    This just broke my heart! I told my husband, we are not going to be able to yell at the TV ANYMORE. And how are we going to do that? lol

Where my story relates to yours is, because of the heartworms, we had to get him well before we could adopt him out. We wanted to be SURE he was getting everything he needed. This process took 8 months! And during that time, one of the other Dr.'s there kept asking me, "When are you going to find him a home Charlie"? For some reason, in the back of my mind, I knew he was going to come home with me. I don't ever remember thinking that he wouldn't till he asked me that.
    It then hit me, I CAN"T let him go home with ANYONE else. No one would take care of him like I do. That's when I knew he had worked his way into my heart. Like you said ,"It was the best non-decision I ever made."
    My English Bulldog who was my baby, passed away. He was 12 years old. A few weeks after he died, I knew it was time to give Bandit a home. I had to get him out of that into a home. I was so torn up about the loss of my Bosley, but I knew I had to do something for Bandit & it was time. I was either gonna have to give him to someone else or bring him home with me.
    He is my shadow & my heart. He’s soooo smart & loves to watch TV. He’ll sit & watch a whole animated movie with you. lol. He’s had a ruff little life but gets spoiled rotten now.
    Our other sweet little rescue Miller belonged to my mother & when she passed away, we kept him. He’s a Shih Tzu/Terrier Mix & now is 14 years old.
    He also, was a rescue that someone brought into the clinic & told us, they wanted to put him to sleep, because they were told they couldn’t have an animal where they lived. He was a 6 month old puppy! People can be so crazy! My mom wanted a puppy so we took him to her & he was her joy for the last 2 years of her life. Now he’s ours
    I just want to say Thank You for doing such a wonderful thing for the adopted animals with the printable's & your adoption. You are a good soul & I loved your story!! <3
      Thursday, March 21st, 2013 at 1:50 pm
      Oh, this is the sweetest story Charlie!! Thank you for sharing it with me! I got teary-eyed reading about Bandit's hard life and then the wonderful new life he has now with you. : ) Just beautiful. He won the doggie lottery when he found you and your family and my heart is just bursting to think about how happy he must be. : ) I think rescued dogs KNOW they are lucky, they really do!
    Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 at 11:40 am
    Emily says:
    Thank you so much for making these, they are adorable. As a dog lover, mom to 2 rescued yorkies & a volunteer dog rescuer (through United Yorkie Rescue,) I really appreciate you posting your story & advocating for shelter dogs. If only more people would adopt from a shelter or a rescue. So many amazing dogs just waiting for a family to call their own.

Thank you for adopting Charlotte. Happy birthday Charlotte! Here's to many more happy & healthy years. <3
      Wednesday, April 10th, 2013 at 8:48 am
      Thank YOU for all you do!! I'm such a fan of breed-specific rescues since there's that (totally outdated) idea you can't adopt a purebred. Obviously, purebreds show up at shelters ALL the time, and rescues like yours go the extra mile for breeds in need. Big wags and kisses from Charlotte to you and your pups! : D
    Monday, April 15th, 2013 at 2:05 pm
    Sandra says:
    Thank you so much for the free things here. I LOVE LOVE the free dogie things .
      Monday, April 15th, 2013 at 7:57 pm
      Thanks Sandra! : )
    Sunday, May 19th, 2013 at 8:33 pm
    Lynda K says:
    We have adopted two wonderful dogs from our local shelter. We had Chuck (an adorable beagle) for 12 years. We now have Buddy, approx. three years old He is a poodle/bishon/? mix. He is the MOST loveable dog we have ever owned...he is never far from my hubby or I. Can't imagine my home without a dog and there are far too may dogs in the shelter that need a home. Thank you for sharing your Charlotte with us!
    Thursday, May 30th, 2013 at 10:28 pm
    Amanda Melvin says:
    Hi Heather!! Loved your adoption certificates! I used them in a Pink Puppy Theme Party for my daughters 2nd birthday! Check out my blog post on it!
      Saturday, June 1st, 2013 at 1:31 pm
      Such a cute party!! Thanks for sharing, Amanda! : )
    Thursday, July 11th, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    Janet Hunter says:
    I took in a rescued senior dog a week ago and we love her dearly. My daughter printed this for me in black and white and I came back to print it in pink for our Mattie Rose. The certificate and stickers will be used on her scrapbook page. I am going to bake the treats and use the labels to share the treats with my daughters two poodles. Thank you so much. The timing was perfect!!
      Thursday, July 11th, 2013 at 3:08 pm
      Hi Janet! Thank you for sharing your story and for doing such a good, kind deed. It sounds like your rescue dog was lucky to find such a loving new home! : )
    Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 4:28 pm
    Ginny says:
    Thanks for these printables. We are having a puppy paw-ty for my daughter's 6th birthday. The adoption certificates are perfect for the "adopt a dog" (stuffed dog) activity at the party. The circles are perfect for the "goodie" bags.
      Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 5:24 pm
      Hi Ginny! I'm so glad you like them! It sounds like you're giving your daughter a wonderfully adorable 6th birthday party! : )
    Friday, August 9th, 2013 at 4:11 pm
    cherry says:
    Thank You! These are sooooo cute! We are doing a dog birthday party for my 4 year old and these dog adoption certificates are perfect!!! Thanks again!
      Monday, August 12th, 2013 at 11:46 am
      Thanks Cherry! That is so kind of you to say! I hope your pup has a great 4th birthday! : )
    Saturday, September 14th, 2013 at 2:31 am
    María says:
    As mother of 3 adopted/ rescued dogs I totally agree with you....they are the best, the more thankful and loyal puppies. Thanks for promoting shelter adoptions...please don't ever buy! ADOPT!
    Thursday, October 10th, 2013 at 12:18 pm
    Kerie says:
    Thank you so much for providing these print off for FREE!!!! Your puppy is so cute. We have a six month old puppy named chloe and my daughter just loves her to pieces. So for her 2nd birthday we are doing a puppy theme. These print off are perfect! Can't thank you enough!
      Thursday, October 10th, 2013 at 1:03 pm
      Thank you Kerie! I'm so glad my printables can help you celebrate having Chloe in your home. I hope your family and Chloe have all kinds of good times together and that your daughter has an AMAZING 2nd birthday! : )
    Friday, October 11th, 2013 at 5:34 pm
    Andrea says:
    I love the adoption certificates, however I couldn't download them. Is it just me or is the freebie over?
      Saturday, October 12th, 2013 at 7:31 pm
      Hi Andrea! I just tested the links and they worked for me - just click on "download in pink" or "download in blue" : )
    Saturday, October 12th, 2013 at 12:18 pm
    javier miranda aguirre says:
    necesito certificados de adopción para perritos gracias...
      Monday, October 14th, 2013 at 12:21 pm
      Hi Javier! I just emailed them to you! : )
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013 at 9:21 pm
    This specific posting, “FREE printable dog
    adoption kits | Chickabug” reveals the fact that you really fully understand what u r talking about!
    I really 100 % agree with your post. Thank you ,Penni
    Friday, November 1st, 2013 at 8:26 pm
    Sonya says:
    Hi,
    I found this on the web and it is perrfect for my daughter's 8th puppy adoption birthday party tomorrow. Though each guest is "adopting" a stuffed puppy for the party :) we are able to use your kit to make the "adoption" special for the guests. Thanks so much.
    Ps.: As part of the party we asked guest to bring items to be donated to our local shelter.
      Monday, November 4th, 2013 at 11:59 am
      Hi Sonya! I'm so glad my printable kit helped your daughter have a fun birthday party! And I'm really happy that you asked for items you could donate to the local shelter. Thank you for telling me that - it made my day! : )
    Monday, December 2nd, 2013 at 4:44 pm
    Steve says:
    Hi Heather,

I love the dog adoption kits! I was looking for a printable small pet adoption certificate. My daughter and I are now proud parents to a pair of female gerbils, Dusk and Dawn. The joy the little furry girls bring to my daughter is amazing. I would like to find a printable Birth/Adoption certificate that I could make for each of the Gerbils with their pictures. Do you know where I can find somethiong like this?

thanks,

Steve
      Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013 at 12:54 pm
      Hi Steve! That it such a sweet idea! I wish I knew of a printable like that but nothing comes to mind. Sorry! : )
    Saturday, February 1st, 2014 at 5:56 pm
    Kimmie says:
    Thank you so very much for sharing these. They are so preciously adorable (as are all of your creations!). We have four dogs of our own, two from shelters and two I literally found starving on the street, and they have brought us so much joy. Our daughter loves them so much, I know she'll love playing adopt-a-puppy with her friends!
      Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 at 6:47 pm
      You're welcome, Kimmie! Thank you for welcoming those lucky pups into your home! : )
    Tuesday, February 4th, 2014 at 3:02 pm
    Kathryn Cousins says:
    Hi! Thanks so much for allowing these to be downloaded for free!! They are awesome. My daughter Ashley is having a puppy themed party this Saturday and these are going to make her little guests (all 5/6 yr olds)squeal with glee! They each will get to pick a new stuffy/puppy at the puppy adoption center! Thanks again!! We love them!
      Wednesday, February 5th, 2014 at 11:50 am
      Hi Kathryn! You are very welcome! That sounds like a wonderful idea for the party. I hope all your little guests have an amazing time! : )
    Friday, February 7th, 2014 at 10:23 am
    Suzie says:
    Chickabug - I am also using the adoption certificates and your kit for my daughter's 5th birthday party. We are adopting a dog in 3 weeks and she decided she wanted a puppy party. I will be doing a puppy adoption with little stuffed animals and each of the children will get an adoption certificate. I will be using the circles glued together, adding a toothpick and using them as cupcake toppers. You are wonderful for sharing these. Thanks again.
      Friday, February 7th, 2014 at 10:37 am
      You're welcome, Suzie! It sounds like your daughter will have an adorable party. Thank you so much for adopting! I'm sure your new pup will love coming into such a happy home! : )
    Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 at 5:06 am
    KatGillespie says:
    Love this blog post! Who doesn't love a good rehomed dog story! Well done you and many congrats on the dog adoption kits, they're fabulous xx
      Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 at 2:12 pm
      Thank you, Kat! : )
    Sunday, March 9th, 2014 at 1:54 pm
    adria says:
    I downloaded the pink puppy adoption form last week and love it but I need to download the blue. For some reason it says the page no longer works. Little sad! please help
      Monday, March 10th, 2014 at 10:50 am
      Hi Adria! I'm so sorry you had trouble! I just sent you an email with the certificates attached. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do and I'll be happy to help!

Sarah : )
    Friday, April 18th, 2014 at 3:33 pm
    Sandy says:
    Fantastic! I am the Placement Coordinator for a non profit here in Colorado Springs. I was looking for a nice way to finish off an adoption of one of our wonderful rescues and I thought a certificate would do it. What a great surprise to find exactly what I was looking for all ready to go. Thanks much! (once approved by our board, I hope this will give us the added touch we need to finalize such an important event).
      Saturday, April 19th, 2014 at 11:09 am
      Hi Sandy! I'm glad I could help! : )
    Thursday, April 24th, 2014 at 4:55 pm
    Buffy says:
    Aw, Charlotte is beautiful! It's always great to see a pup happy in their home with their people!
    Woofie and Mia were up for adoption so we took both of them! They have been great pups since 2009 and still protecting us and our home! they are sweet to the family but not to strangers who come up to the fence. just what we wanted around here if ya know what I mean! We have other adopted pets too, kitties, and everyone gets along wonderfully. i wish every dog and cat could get a loving forever home too! Thank You for the snack recipe too, I love to bake for everyone, including the people!! :)
      Friday, April 25th, 2014 at 9:22 am
      Hi Buffy! That's so sweet of you to say! : )
    Wednesday, May 7th, 2014 at 4:55 pm
    stephanie says:
    thank you for the printables, my grandson who's almost 2 loves dogs and we are doing his theme in puppy's .
      Thursday, May 8th, 2014 at 10:24 am
      Hi Stephanie! I'm glad I could help. I hope your grandson loves his kit! : )
    Monday, May 26th, 2014 at 12:07 am
    Meghan says:
    Hello Heather! This was a great idea and very cute! I volunteer (and will soon be an employee :)) at a shelter and was wondering if you would mind if I used these downloads for some of our adoptions?
      Monday, May 26th, 2014 at 10:53 am
      Hi Meghan! Absolutely!! I would be DELIGHTED if you would use them for your adoptions, or any other way you like : ) Thank you for asking!
    Thursday, June 19th, 2014 at 1:48 pm
    Angellee says:
    This is some of the cutest stuff I've ever seen!! I'm an event coordinator for my local animal shelter and I just LOVE these! I want to include them with all our adoptions :D !!
      Friday, June 20th, 2014 at 9:40 am
      Hi Angellee! Thank you so much. I really hope you do! : )
    Friday, July 11th, 2014 at 8:32 am
    Christine Smith says:
    This is such a good idea. I'm going to let all my friends know about this site. Thank you for creating it. :-)
      Tuesday, July 15th, 2014 at 12:27 pm
      Thank you, Christine! You're very welcome! : )
    Friday, July 18th, 2014 at 11:13 am
    Cheryl says:
    Thank you.......your site is exactly what I was looking for.
      Saturday, July 19th, 2014 at 11:37 am
      Hi Cheryl! That is so nice of you to say. I'm so happy to hear that! : )
    Saturday, July 26th, 2014 at 1:55 pm
    Beth says:
    These are beautiful. Is there any chance to modify this so we could use this for "virtual adoptions" when people sponsor a pet? So the words would mention that they have sponsored a pet rather than adopted a pet? We have a birthday party for my son that we are holding at the local animal shelter to support their animals on Aug 1 and we would love to use certificates that are as beautiful as yours!!!
    Friday, August 22nd, 2014 at 8:01 pm
    Angela Burr says:
    Is this download available in yellow and grey?
      Saturday, August 23rd, 2014 at 7:57 am
      Hi Angela! It is available in pink and blue as shown.
    Friday, September 26th, 2014 at 12:09 pm
    Nicola K. Crooks (Nikki) says:
    Great Website will be back!
      Monday, September 29th, 2014 at 11:06 am
      Hi Nicola! Thank you so much! : )
    Thursday, October 2nd, 2014 at 10:26 am
    Debbie Valentin says:
    This is and awesome website thank you so much for sharing...
      Thursday, October 2nd, 2014 at 2:19 pm
      Hi Debbie! Thank you so much for visiting! : )
    Saturday, November 15th, 2014 at 10:19 am
    KRISTI says:
    LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PET ADOPTION KITS! WILL BE USING FOR MY DAUGHTER'S PUPPY PARTY! THANK YOU!
      Tuesday, November 18th, 2014 at 4:15 pm
      You're very welcome, Kristi! I hope the puppy party is wonderful and your daughter has an amazing time! : )
    Saturday, February 28th, 2015 at 4:16 pm
    angela says:
    i adopted my baby girl kenzy from the aspca in Dallas and she has been one of the best pups in the world! she is spoiled rotten and she knows it. adoption is always the best because these baby's need us. they have been abandoned or worse has happened. All they want is love and attention. so if you are thinking about getting a pup or any kind of animal please let adoption be the first!
    Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015 at 8:35 am
    Kevin Noble says:
    Is I possible to get a version of the Puppy Adoption kit that the names can be filled out online before printing? I don't have the neatest handwriting. ;) Thanks
      Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015 at 9:46 am
      Hi Kevin! We only offer this version. Sorry! : )
    Sunday, April 19th, 2015 at 7:28 pm
    Darla says:
    Love these! I rescue and will be using!
      Monday, April 20th, 2015 at 2:57 pm
      Hi Darla! Thank you so much for rescuing! : )
    Monday, April 20th, 2015 at 2:30 pm
    Terry Mitchell says:
    I have 4 baby girl puppies. Thank you.
      Tuesday, April 21st, 2015 at 2:51 pm
      You're very welcome, Terry! : )
    Wednesday, July 15th, 2015 at 10:31 pm
    Leticia says:
    Trying to download your pink dog adoption kit for a party we have on Friday. Anyway you can email to me? Thanks
    Sunday, September 6th, 2015 at 3:23 pm
    Ciara Sebecke says:
    I love this idea for an adoption kit! I actually found my cat as a stray and she is super sweet, so I'm a huge fan of adopting from shelters over breeders!
    I wanted to let you know that I featured these cat and dog printables on my blog! :)
    I linked to your site and gave full credit.
    Link to post: http://www.caffeineanddaydreams.com/2015/09/06/diy-pet-treat-jar/
    Let me know if you would like me to change anything or remove anything.
    Wednesday, October 14th, 2015 at 10:47 am
    Nancy Gamache says:
    This is actually for my grandsons birthday party...Puppy Dog theme...I have stuffed puppy dogs for party favors...this is gonna be perfect for the party !!!
    Wednesday, October 14th, 2015 at 9:41 pm
    Tia says:
    These are adorable! My 6yo daughter is having her bday party at an adoption shelter. As the party favor the kids will be able to adopt a (stuffed) cat or dog. This is so perfect, thank you for sharing! We have four adopted pets; 2 dogs and 2 cats. Yay Forever Homes!
    Monday, October 19th, 2015 at 1:25 pm
    Gisela says:
    Thank you for this! I adopted my siberian husky and love him to death!
    Friday, February 12th, 2016 at 7:30 pm
    Amanda says:
    Thank you for making this a free printable! My daughter who is turning 8 absolutely loves our Boxer and wants a puppy party for her birthday. We will definitely be using these!
    Saturday, February 20th, 2016 at 10:12 am
    Tina White says:
    Hi. I was wondering if you could send me this adoption kit by mail? I dont have a printer and the library charges too much for print outs. I would be so grateful. Anyway, my address is *******. God blessyou and all your furry friends!
      Saturday, February 20th, 2016 at 10:45 am
      Hi Tina, I'm very sorry, that's not something I can help you with.
    Saturday, February 20th, 2016 at 4:06 pm
    Danielle Jones says:
    Thank you so much for the free Adopt a Cat printable!! My daughter is so excited to use these for her birthday party!
    Tuesday, May 10th, 2016 at 2:20 pm
    Kim Wolf says:
    Are you interested in revising this adoption paperwork to accomodate my 7 year old's dolphin-themed birthday party? If so, please contact me at your convenience. Thank you so much.
    Kim
    Saturday, August 13th, 2016 at 11:57 pm
    Valerie Eylse @MyMommyParadox says:
    Hi! I am soo glad to have stumbled upon this! I just recently, within the last 2 weeks, became a Foster Parent for my local dog rescue center. I think these are a great thing for me to hand out to my fosters' forever families when they come to pick them up. :) Thank you! <3
    Sunday, September 4th, 2016 at 2:36 pm
    Donna says:
    I have not received your email to be able to download these!
      Sunday, September 4th, 2016 at 2:46 pm
      Hi Donna! Please be sure to check your spam folder. The email will be from shop@chickabug.com. Thanks!
    Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 at 8:04 pm
    Kira says:
    So I signed up for the VIP list, signed in after receiving the welcome email and I still can't download. There is no download option anywhere on the page. I am trying to download both blue and pink kits. Thanks
      Wednesday, September 28th, 2016 at 10:30 am
      Hi Kira! Please follow the instructions in the welcome email by signing in at this page. Click on the words "PINK" or "BLUE" under the dog adoption kits. Thanks!
    Monday, October 3rd, 2016 at 6:39 am
    Jhireh Ravenell says:
    This is Awesome! The kids are going to LOVE it!
    Monday, October 17th, 2016 at 3:37 pm
    brittany says:
    trying to download but cant find how to
      Monday, October 17th, 2016 at 3:40 pm
      Hi Brittany! There are instructions at the bottom of the post.
    Wednesday, October 26th, 2016 at 2:53 pm
    Cecile Engelbrecht says:
    I love this. Thank you so much. I want to use it for my daughters birthday but Im struggling to download the dog adoption certificate. Could you please help me?

Regards
      Wednesday, October 26th, 2016 at 7:12 pm
      Hi Cecile! Please follow the instructions in your VIP List welcome email. Just click on the link and enter the password provided. Thanks!
    Friday, October 28th, 2016 at 11:31 am
    Heather Harvey says:
    thank you for the adoption kit!
    Friday, October 28th, 2016 at 9:34 pm
    Shanda DiAntonio says:
    Hi there! I love your stuff! Im having a Paw Patrol party for my son who will be turning 3 and I thought the adoption center would be a great party favor! Is it possible to get the template?
      Monday, October 31st, 2016 at 9:16 am
      Hi Shanda! You can download the adoption certificates by following the directions in the post. Thank you!
    Sunday, October 30th, 2016 at 1:02 am
    Tanya Brown Brown says:
    thank you this will be a great party idea
    Monday, October 31st, 2016 at 11:53 am
    Becky Edwards says:
    Puppy adoption kit is perfect for my daughter's party!
      Monday, October 31st, 2016 at 12:33 pm
      That's great, thanks Becky! : )
    Saturday, November 5th, 2016 at 2:09 pm
    Laura says:
    We cant wait to have a puppy adoption party for my daughter
    Monday, November 7th, 2016 at 1:45 pm
    Tara Brune says:
    Love it! Thanks!
    Saturday, November 12th, 2016 at 1:18 am
    Ang says:
    Such a cute idea!
    Saturday, November 12th, 2016 at 10:40 am
    Keyonia says:
    My friend has had her dog taken away from her so i want to surprise her with a gift.
    Tuesday, November 15th, 2016 at 4:31 pm
    vicky H says:
    Thank you, this will be amazing for my daughters birthday party she will love this
    Tuesday, November 15th, 2016 at 8:42 pm
    Sherri Eckhardt says:
    I really love this idea!! Than k you for sharing!!
    Tuesday, November 15th, 2016 at 9:04 pm
    Jessica Peterson says:
    blue kit please
      Wednesday, November 16th, 2016 at 7:36 am
      Hi Jessica, I’ve manually added you to the VIP List. Please check your email for a message from shop (at) chickabug.com. Thanks!
      • 93.1.1
        Tuesday, December 13th, 2016 at 3:33 pm
        jessica says:
        Could you please send it again? I didn't get it. Thanks so much!
    Wednesday, November 16th, 2016 at 2:47 pm
    Dawn Saunders says:
    Can't wait to print the adoption certificate
    Thursday, November 17th, 2016 at 10:01 pm
    Lisa says:
    That is Very cute!!
    Sunday, November 20th, 2016 at 2:02 am
    Tammy LaPlante says:
    Excited about the adoption certificate!
    Saturday, November 26th, 2016 at 1:00 pm
    Veronica says:
    thanks for the certificate, my Pug Megara and I appreciated this
      Tuesday, November 29th, 2016 at 10:13 am
      You're so welcome! : )
    Thursday, December 1st, 2016 at 3:07 pm
    Holly says:
    Wanting the dog adoption certificate for a friend whose family is planning on adopting a house dog! Thanks:-)
    Thursday, December 1st, 2016 at 3:12 pm
    Holly says:
    I'm wanting the dog adoption certificate for a friend whose family is planning on adopting a house dog! They are a great family with 5 young kiddos and I think this would be fun for the kids. Thanks:-)
    Thursday, December 1st, 2016 at 4:13 pm
    sandy villarreal says:
    Thank you for sharing!
    Thursday, December 1st, 2016 at 8:49 pm
    Sarah Marte says:
    Love this idea for my daughter's birth day party!
    Saturday, December 3rd, 2016 at 4:37 am
    TPC says:
    Thank you for the printables, I do a lot of emergency need private foster and this is so helpful!
    Sunday, December 4th, 2016 at 7:54 am
    Lesley Johnson says:
    Cant find in email from first request! thanks again
      Sunday, December 4th, 2016 at 9:03 am
      Hi Lesley! By signing up for the mailing list using the form above you got an email from shop (at) chickabug.com – it may have gone to spam. If you search your email for “Chickabug” the email will come up. I hope this helps! : )
    Tuesday, December 6th, 2016 at 4:22 pm
    stacy pettit says:
    to print puppy party
    Thursday, December 8th, 2016 at 10:51 am
    aimee h. says:
    I would like to use this idea for my client's sons birthday party. we are doing the paw patrol theme and I think this would be perfect!!
    Friday, December 9th, 2016 at 11:39 am
    Tiffany says:
    Hello! I love this idea, I am not able to download either. Can you please send me a copy?
      Friday, December 9th, 2016 at 11:58 am
      Hi Tiffany! By signing up for the mailing list using the form above you got an email from shop (at) chickabug.com – it may have gone to spam. If you search your email for “Chickabug” the email will come up. The email has instructions for download. I hope this helps! : )
      • 106.1.1
        Wednesday, January 18th, 2017 at 1:35 pm
        NIKKI says:
        Still waiting for my link please!!
        • 106.1.1.1
          Wednesday, January 18th, 2017 at 4:59 pm
          Hi Nikki! When you joined the VIP list you got a message from shop(at)chickabug.com. Look for that or search “Chickabug” in your email and it will come up. The email has the link to the free downloads. I hope this helps!
    Friday, December 9th, 2016 at 4:34 pm
    becky says:
    puppy adoption certificate please:)
    Wednesday, December 28th, 2016 at 1:14 am
    Brieanna Wiker says:
    I would like girl puppy adoption please.
    Monday, February 13th, 2017 at 10:22 am
    Natasa says:
    Great printable certificate. My 8 year old loved it
    Monday, February 27th, 2017 at 10:21 pm
    Jess says:
    Why cant i download free dog adoption certificate?
      Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 at 7:30 am
      Hi Jess! When you joined the VIP list you got a message from shop(at)chickabug.com. Look for that or search “Chickabug” in your email and it will come up. The email has the link to the free downloads. I hope this helps!
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 at 9:00 pm
    Suzanne Matthews says:
    Thank you for these adorable adoption certificates! My daughter and her friends will love it!!
    Tuesday, April 4th, 2017 at 10:21 am
    Yvonne says:
    I have joined your VIP, entered the password and I still can not download the pet adoption kit in pink. Help!
      Tuesday, April 4th, 2017 at 3:24 pm
      Hi Yvonne! I just sent you an email that should resolve the problem. : )
    Monday, April 24th, 2017 at 10:47 am
    Amanda says:
    cute ideas! I have a chocolate lab who is 14 years old. We love her so much! She has brought so much joy to our family!
      Monday, April 24th, 2017 at 11:08 am
      That's so sweet! Thanks Amanda! : )
    Thursday, June 1st, 2017 at 11:31 am
    Monica Dauter says:
    Thanks for the great ideas! We have a 2 yr old Bernese Mountain Dog who is the sweetest dog ever! This 120 lb "lap dog" loves us unconditionally and we couldn't be more blessed to have her in our home. My daughter is turning 7 in a few weeks and all she wants to do for her birthday is have a puppy party with her friends. I would love to use these adoption papers for the party to give away a puppy stuffy!
    Sunday, June 18th, 2017 at 8:08 pm
    Lorilee Ross says:
    Thank you for offering this I breed Great Pyrenees and I really wanted each of their adoptions to be extra special.