Airplane theme baby shower by Attention 2 Detail Events

Ashley of Attention 2 Detail Events is one of my very favorite party planners, so when she asked if I’d come up with a few custom printables for an upcoming baby shower, I jumped at the chance! The shower was a special one, since it was for Ashley’s cousin, and it had a most unique theme – air travel! (So cute!)

When I got on board for the project (pun intended, oh yes, I went there), the invitation was already chosen – a flight ticket in a handmade map envelope. The colors were also set, in red, white and blue. And of course, there were to be airplanes, clouds, and lots of travel-based details!

Now, Ashley’s probably going to kill me (eek!), but here’s the drawing that she sent me that shows one of her ADORABLE ideas in its planning stages. It’s a unique way to display hand-written advice cards for the mother-to-be. Isn’t Ashley creative? : ) And, here’s what I came up with to match!

Here’s how the advice cards looked at the party – love ‘em!

Then, for the rest of the party printables, here’s the look that we came up with:

So that was my part of the project. Meanwhile, Ashley’s part was just beginning – and just look at all of the wonderful details she brought to life!

Party guests – or rather, passengers! – were offered raspberry lemonade Jet Fuel, or a selection of wines and beers. Tiny airplanes added a cute touch to the red and blue cups.

Ashley made the diaper cake herself, and little airplane cupcake toppers flew over bright blue cupcakes – all displayed on miniature red luggage.

Here’s an idea I really, really LOVE! Lunches were served to guests in takeout boxes, just like on a plane! The in-flight meal included a croissant sandwich, chips, a pickle, and a custom Meyer Airlines cookie. Genius!

Guests enjoyed “in-flight snacks” of the good ol’ airplane classic – peanuts!

At the end of the shower, each guest was given a thank you parcel, including a luggage tag and a blue or red airplane chocolate lollipop. Stamps, red and white twine, and favor tags completed each piece of “air mail.”

Fabulous work, Ashley!! : )

Sources
Event planning and coordination: Attention 2 Detail
Party printables: Chickabug
Invitations: Lillebarntoo
Map envelopes: Picklehead
Treat bag labels: Cio Prints
Diaper cake: Attention 2 Detail
Cupcake toppers: Simple Sensations

Comments

Thursday, November 4th, 2010 at 1:14 pm
    PartyMom says:
    This is just incredible...I love the advice cards! I'm just melting over all the fabulous details! Thanks for sharing!
    Thursday, November 4th, 2010 at 4:13 pm
    Aubree Seaman says:
    Nice Job Heather on your latest design!
    Friday, November 5th, 2010 at 2:02 pm
    Laura says:
    How wonderfully cute!!! My boys would love that theme for a birthday too!
    Friday, December 10th, 2010 at 7:29 pm
    Singing_angel_82 says:
    Im glad I found this site, my friend is having the same theme for her baby shower and this help jump start some ideas. Great work and everything is super cute!
    Saturday, March 5th, 2011 at 9:55 pm
    Nicole Draper says:
    This is the first time I see it so well detailled. Of course, I flew Meyer Airline to Nathalie's baby shower. I can only say one thing. This is beautiful........ So much work and love put into it. Asley, you are blessed with a unique talent. I hope you put to good use, all those ideas trottling in your head. May God bless you, Love tante Nicole xoxoxoxo
    Monday, October 10th, 2011 at 1:49 am
    Mmgalligan says:
    any idea where i could find the luggage tags and the tiny airplanes for the straws? so cute!
      Monday, October 10th, 2011 at 12:10 pm
      Heather - Chickabug says:
      Unfortunately I don't know where they came from, but Ashley (the party planner) might be able to point you in the right direction! : ) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Attention-2-Detail-Events/111960245517859
      Tuesday, February 21st, 2012 at 3:05 pm
      paula says:
      I'm interested specifically in these 2 items to. looked at fqacebook page but couldnt find any worth piece of info. any luck u guys? tks p
    Thursday, October 13th, 2011 at 4:12 am
    Alice Date says:
    I love your site :). There is just so much to look at it like wondering around a good book shop x which by the way I spend hours in . x
    Saturday, August 11th, 2012 at 7:54 am
    Stephanie says:
    I see the party printables came from you, but I can not find them! I would love to purchase some!
      Saturday, August 11th, 2012 at 2:54 pm
      Hi Stephanie! The designs shown are available by request - email me! : )
    Friday, April 25th, 2014 at 5:30 pm
    Elena Cazares says:
    hi I love your decoration. I was wondering if you make this for customers. If u if you could let me know this is my gmail thank you. Cazareselena7@gmail.com
      Saturday, April 26th, 2014 at 10:33 am
      Hi Elena! I just sent you an email! : )

1. Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 at 6:25 am